Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone doing 4th of July weekend?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up What's everyone doing 4th of July weekend?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The 4th of July is less than a month away, so if you're planning to take a flight out, better lock in those seats quick.

If i was down south (Southern California), I'd probably being going to the Chili Cook off, always a fun thing. Good food, and plenty of beautiful women wearing almost nothing...temp is around 110+.

As for me, i have a couple of options:

1) As it is, there a chance of me flying out to Padre Island and hanging out with friends and family for a week. If i do go, i need to lock in those airline tickets now to save money and to insure a seat on the plane.
    2) Hanging out with friends down south, check out their shows(they are in a band), then watch a marathon weekend of Twilight Zone, and eating BBQ. Been meanign it do it every year, perhaps this time it will happen.
    3) Otherwise, perhaps be boring, travel nowhere, and go see any good movie releases for that weekend.

Okay, I've shared. What share you?
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 06-08-2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There was talk of a ginormous family reunion here over that weekend, but I'm not sure it's still on, heh; with this group, it's hard to tell what's going to happen until it happens :P

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is talk of a Lord of the Ring movie marathon here at my house. Don't know if it will happen as we have attempted it a couple of times before. Usually get through the first disk of the first movie and something happens, then we get back to the movie and something else happens. Last time we did this it was eleven o'clock by the time we got back to part two.

We can't go out as the fireworks freak out our dog. Second dog who hates fireworks. He will crawl under the desk if I am setting here and stay there until we go to bed. Last year he tried to get into bed. He was shaking so bad I felt sorry for him. And the fireworks lasts until two. Makes for a butt draggin' fifth.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

What's this? A LOTR marathon at mrken's house. RSVP, me. I'll be there with robes, booties, and a pointy hat. This is a dress-up party, correct? Should i being some Hobbit delicacies , like rabbit, cabbage and carrots? ?
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 06-08-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may be going to this:

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/antirwestwar/

It looks like a blast, but it's a long-*** drive from Seattle (8 hrs each way or so), so I might balk and stay home instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully something nice and calm like BBQing in the backyard with some cheap fireworks (tough to get the good illegal kind in Florida) and beer
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdar View Post
    I may be going to this:

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/antirwestwar/

It looks like a blast, but it's a long-*** drive from Seattle (8 hrs each way or so), so I might balk and stay home instead.
    No kidding... may as well drive to California at that point

My wife might have friends visiting from the east coast. Hurray for friends!
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgamer View Post
    Hopefully something nice and calm like BBQing in the backyard with some cheap fireworks (tough to get the good illegal kind in Florida) and beer
    come over to any street corner in tampa plenty of fireworks.

I think you have to sign that ole "agricultural purpose" waiver.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just hope I'm not homeless by that time. If not probably just transform O2 into CO2, and rot on the couch.

That used to be a big day at my former job, but alas that chance at any kind of real future was stolen from me. I used to have a management position at a fireworks store on the Wyo-Colo border, so it were a busy day for last minute stuff. It's now another horrid reminder to not trust people too much. One of the worst days in the year, but at least it isn't Valentines Day. I hate that day more than any other.

Sorry aboot all the venting.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Thoth, would love to have you, but I fear the drive to Denver might put you out of commission until you have to leave again. lol And yes we do the dress up thing, generally it's for the game though, but sure, dress up. And the snacks are welcome. I grill most weekends but snacks are good. lol

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BBQ and Gin. Always a toast to absent friends.

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin Stonewood View Post
    come over to any street corner in tampa plenty of fireworks.

I think you have to sign that ole "agricultural purpose" waiver.

Yeah, most of the time we watch the neighbors fireworks. They light 'em up before the city's show and are nearly as good. When I was a kid in Ohio, I would go up with friends of the family to Philadelphia and do the waiver thing and come back with $500-$600 worth of the good fireworks. It preempted my love of blowing things up when I went into the military and they gave me grenades I got paid to blow things up then.
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The family and I will be on vacation out in the Poconos along with my parents. The place we will be at, we have been to before. They have lots of stuff to do there, to include activities for all age ranges. Will be coming back home on the 5th. We are curious as to what all they will have going on since it is the 4th.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be keeping the kids quiet, my wife will be in ADN school.
    Magic is not for parlor tricks.- Sparrow, Second Degree Master

Fragile Things, another slice of forums: http://fragilethings.fr.yuku.com

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll probably just grill and chill at home. What I would really like to do though, is drive back to G.I. Nebraska, get drunk and play with dangerous fireworks. That's what I did last year, and I had a blast. Nebraska has to have the least stringent fireworks laws of any state I have ever lived in. Every one in town was setting off fireworks at the same time. You couldn't hear and you could barely breath through all the smoke . It was great!
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast