Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Iron Vanguard

Downloads
    Uploads

Iron Vanguard

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I just recently started a new character and decided to experiment with one of the new classes in the 4.0 book. I decided to make a fighter and chose the Iron Vanguard class. Does anyone realize how good this class is?! Let me explain.

1st off the feats alone makes this character a tank. You are basically a master with all weapons. Like lets say you use an axe in battle your both your strength and constitution is doubled. Or if you use a different weapon then some other stat like dexterity or constitution is doubled. Now think about this for some food for thought. If you were to some how gain the ability to duel wield weapons and you use 2 axes? Strength and Constitution is increased x4 in battle. The feats alone make this character worth making. I haven't even really gotten to experiment with the spells yet because I've just been mowing over everything. However I do know that you learn some spell that stuns the enemy for a turn because you stab them in the foot. And there is also a spell where you can strategically move an ally a certain amount of feet that comes in handy.

What do you guys think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no knowledge of any of the 4E rules, but as a general guideline, I would think if the book doesn't state specifically that the bonus stacks, then it wouldn't matter if you used 2 axes (or whatever weapon) or not. You'ld just get the one bonus and that's it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    which book and which page are you reading this from? I have a weird memory for this sort of thing, and that doesn't sound familiar.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a paragon path in PHB1.

There's nothing in Iron Vanguard about doubling STR and CON- in fact, there's nothing anywhere in 4e about changing your attributes at all, unless you mean the one point at certain levels. Bull's Strength and the like is gone.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i came across the paragon path last night. I have no clue what he means in terms of doubling stuff.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly didn't read the book but it has to be in there somewhere. He read it from the book. Like it said Axes, hand axes, great axes, and halsbrad if used in battle your str and con is doubled. It's a feat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandore The Giant Killer View Post
    I honestly didn't read the book but it has to be in there somewhere. He read it from the book. Like it said Axes, hand axes, great axes, and halsbrad if used in battle your str and con is doubled. It's a feat.
    There are nine feats in the entire game that mention axes. Was it one of these?

Black Hood Killer: Adds to intimidate checks, damage against slowed, helpless, or immobilized targets, and extra damage on a coup.

Reaving Axe Master: Knock targets prone on a crit.

Reaving Axe Raider: Target takes CON damage if moves after hit.

Deep Gash: -2 saves vs. your ongoing untyped damage.

Tunnel Stalker: Dwarves can sneak attack with axes.

Enduring Wallop: CON ongoing damage from axe attacks.

Deadly Axe: Treat all axes as high-crit weapons.

Knock-Back Swing: Push 1 square with axe OA.

Axe Mastery: Axes crit on 19-20.

As I said, there is nothing in 4e that modifies your stats, and certainly nothing in any version of D&D that explicitly doubles your STR or CON.

I'd go back and look at the book. Your friend read it wrong.