Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: A fun-filled poll for your enjoyment. You can pick more than one.

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • CD's: 1-100

6 25.00%
  • CD's: 101-200

3 12.50%
  • CD's: 201-300

5 20.83%
  • CD's: 301-400

1 4.17%
  • CD's: 401-500

2 8.33%
  • CD's: 501-600

0 0%
  • CD's: I have over 600 audio cd's

4 16.67%
  • DVD's: 1-100

9 37.50%
  • DVD's: 101-200

6 25.00%
  • DVD's: 201-300

5 20.83%
  • DVD's: 301-400

1 4.17%
  • DVD's: 401-500

0 0%
  • DVD's: 501-600

0 0%
  • DVD's: I have over 600 DVD's

1 4.17%
  • Ugh, you dont even wanna know. See below.

2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD's, & DVD's, how many do you have in your collection?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up CD's, & DVD's, how many do you have in your collection?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    CD's, & DVD's, how many do you have in your collection?

For me, i have over 450 audio cd's, and over 200 DVD's. Although, i once had near 1000 dvd's at one time. Yeah, i know. I got a little carried away.

If you're old school, feel free to list amounts of audio cassettes, and VHS/Beta tapes, or even 8-tracks, if you got 'em.

What share you?
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 06-03-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My collection is in its infancy as, being a broke college student and not a music/movie fanatic, I have spent what little money I had on more important things ... like yarn and game books I may have a dozen DVDs and probably twice as many CDs. Most of my music I get from the radio and most of my watching material is via Netflix or the bewb tewb.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got maybe 450 CD's or so, but I don't have nearly as many DVD's as you. Most of what I have are TV show sets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have about 250 audio CD's, most of my music is digital though. I think I have about 600+ cassette tapes too. Not to mention the vinyl albums I have on 33 and 45! Sadly I don't have any of my 8 tracks left, though I have no way to listen to them if I did. DVD's are around 200, maybe less, but I have a ton of VHS
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgamer View Post
    I have about 250 audio CD's, most of my music is digital though. I think I have about 600+ cassette tapes too. Not to mention the vinyl albums I have on 33 and 45! Sadly I don't have any of my 8 tracks left, though I have no way to listen to them if I did. DVD's are around 200, maybe less, but I have a ton of VHS
    You're in luck, Oldgamer: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...yer&category0=

Amazing what one can purchase on Ebay.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by thoth-amon View Post
    you're in luck, oldgamer: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...yer&category0=

amazing what one can purchase on ebay.

lol! $9.99!
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh, I don't even want to put a number on that fact. I have so many "albums" on CD's, vinyl, cassette, and open reel (ditched the 8-tracks back in the seventies). Then we have all those movies on DVD's and VHS. I don't even want to know. Shoot, we have all the Star Trek TNG episodes on VHS and those are just a small portion of the VHS. We tend to buy the movies we enjoyed or wanted to watch when they first came out. As for music, I started buying it when I was still in Junior High School (Middle School for you youngsters). When I got into High School I sort of went crazy. But when I went into the Air Force I at least tripled that. I used to buy about ten to twenty albums a month, many times more, while in the Air Force because I was getting a deal at the PX. Then came Columbia House. Sort of like NetFlix these days, except I have a hard copy of all of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    Ugh, I don't even want to put a number on that fact. I have so many "albums" on CD's, vinyl, cassette, and open reel (ditched the 8-tracks back in the seventies). Then we have all those movies on DVD's and VHS. I don't even want to know. Shoot, we have all the Star Trek TNG episodes on VHS and those are just a small portion of the VHS. We tend to buy the movies we enjoyed or wanted to watch when they first came out. As for music, I started buying it when I was still in Junior High School (Middle School for you youngsters). When I got into High School I sort of went crazy. But when I went into the Air Force I at least tripled that. I used to buy about ten to twenty albums a month, many times more, while in the Air Force because I was getting a deal at the PX. Then came Columbia House. Sort of like NetFlix these days, except I have a hard copy of all of them.

One town I lived in for about 4 years had a Middle School and a Junior High. The only difference was the Middle School was for grades 6-8 and the Junior High was on 7-8, it just depended on where you lived and what grade you were in. The Junior High was where Jack Nicklaus went to school (the golfer), they had his name and picture plastered everywhere. I just found out that they changed the name of the JR high to Middle School for some reason though.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    around 400 CD's and somewhere around or over 300 DVD's including seasons of shows.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have around 300 DVDs. I have about 2000 CDs, all ripped to the Mac. Add in Rita's 200 or so and my Mom's 200 or so and I have 108 Gigs of music and 26,000 songs. Only about 7,000 make it to the iPod and maybe 200 to the main playlist.

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have about 2,000 CD's and about 1200 DVD's... about 2000 books - 3000 including my wife's.
    100% paid for.

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    once in a while I will sit back and think about how much money I have spent on those avenues of art. A price to pay for enrichment.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a whole lot of CD's anymore. I used to have a ton, but after MP3's started getting popular I gave up on buying them. The ones I have slowly have been vanishing, either I lose them or the disc breaks. So my collection there is slowly fading, while my music collection is still growing.

DVD's I have a lot of, and I take a lot better care of them since I still use them from time to time. I have started buying a lot less since I picked up a Netflix subscription. With all the rentals I don't feel the need to buy anymore.

With Sony's BluRay discs and players started to become popular I'm dreading upgrading my collection. I'll most likely stubbornly hold onto the DVD's and just get new stuff in the new format.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too, Q-man. Once i picked up my Netflix subscription, i found plenty of extra money in my wallet. It has saved me literally a grand or more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    CDs are soooo last century. I have millions of tracks at my fingertips and downloadable to my PC and MP3 player for $15 a month. And yes it is 100% legal and legit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast