Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for D&D 4e pbp game

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for D&D 4e pbp game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am trying to get a feel for 4 edition before I jump in with both feet I want to try it out on here. I am having trouble finding a game. Anyone who is looking for a experienced and intelligent player let me know!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of starting one, but I'm not sure how pbp would work with 4th edition. My main concern is combat where there is more inter-character actions, such as warlords giving a fighter an extra attack.

However, I wouldn't really be able to start it for a couple of weeks anyway. What type of characters do you prefer playing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am thinking of starting as a fighter seeing how I am very new to 4e.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it's feasible to have a pbp 4E game. Pbp combat is slow going as it is and I think 4E will be unmanageable. You have characters regularly moving enemies, giving their allies extra attacks or even using interrupt powers that are really cool on tabletop, but may be confusing or timeconsuming on a message board.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since 4e is more set up for Miniatures, I think its workable on pbp, but the DM will have to use a map and coordinates for the shifting, sliding stuff to make sense. Once eveyrone knows where every other participant in the action is, I don't think there's a problem with 4e for pbp. Same then as any other rpg.
    John
    aka
    Anodyzed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodyzed View Post
    Since 4e is more set up for Miniatures, I think its workable on pbp, but the DM will have to use a map and coordinates for the shifting, sliding stuff to make sense. Once eveyrone knows where every other participant in the action is, I don't think there's a problem with 4e for pbp. Same then as any other rpg.
    The map isn't what worries me. It's the powers that give other characters actions or slides or moves other characters, etc. With miniatures it's really easy to move something after every action, but changing a map once a round might not be enough on a phb board. I'm just worried that combat would become even more bogged down in 4E phb games than it already is in 3.5.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I've been wanting to try 4e, but also PBP, and DM'ing, so why not combine it? I'm willing to give it a shot, maybe do a short-ish dungeon dive to see how it goes? We can evaluate at the end how it went and if it was good and not too bogged down can probably just continue the adventure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sign me up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kurakin View Post
    Well, I've been wanting to try 4e, but also PBP, and DM'ing, so why not combine it? I'm willing to give it a shot, maybe do a short-ish dungeon dive to see how it goes? We can evaluate at the end how it went and if it was good and not too bogged down can probably just continue the adventure.
    If your still thinking aobut doing it and have not started yet I would love to throw my hat in, especailly if I can play a Minataur Barbarian.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as its pbp ill play anything the partys missing, but I have been wanting to play a Leader

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be down for that. I'd love to play a Tiefling Warlock, or a Half-Elf Bard... something along those lines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be interested in playing as well. I have several characters on hand to fill healer or striker roles (cleric, shaman, barbarian and warlock, fwiw) if you want another slot or two filled. I've never done PbP, but am quite interested in trying it out. Let me know ^_^

Downloads
    Uploads

4Ed pbp

hey i would love to try it out too.I know how play the rogue preety and played the paladin a couple of times so I am okay with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i'd like to play nay kind of 4e DnD game, i like to play human warlord or human ranger, just PM me!! i'm having so much trouble finding a campaign...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this game filled up? Has it started?

I'm a veteran gamer, but nvr did pbp before. I don't mind a slower game via pbp, from what I've read, so, if there is an opening, let me know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast