Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New 4th Ed CAMPAIGN! - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 4th Ed
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 6
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Open RPG
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Open RPG)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 4th Ed CAMPAIGN!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Sounds like the start of a good group then! Can't wait till this gets started.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Further update:

1) Homebrew Settings
    2) Bard class confirmed. Fighter confirmed. Two more characters in creation.
    3) VERY Basic outline of story: Rumors are spreading of savage Barbarian raiders and their unyielding Warlord scouring remote villages and towns with unbeknown intentions or motives. Witnesses are scarce and facts as frequent as fictions. The pattern of attacks, however, indicates advancement upon a major city. Perspiration on the crowns of nobles is a well known direct influence on the influx of mercenary coffers. Heroes and opportunists alike are beginning to be sought out with promise of fame, fortune and fables. Opportunity now knocks with a heavy hand to all willing adventurers.
    4) Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday are all the dates in question. All from 5pm Eastern to Midnight. We are still narrowing it down and working out conflicts so throw me a private messages ASAP or message me.
    Last edited by Justanewbie; 09-03-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely sending in my char information

Downloads
    Uploads

Game online

I am pretty open to any character role but my first choice is Warlord. Saturday or Friday evenings would be best for me as I am in Japan so they would be more along the lines of Sunday or Saturday my time.

Spence

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am rolling up a storm sorc (PHB2 and Arcane Power) if we have room for another stirker. If not I'd like to go with a panther druid.

Sundays and thursdays work best for me. Although I'm flexible. Count me in!

Edit: Also did we decide which medium we're using? Skype? Open RPG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Homebrew Settings
    2) Characters to date:
    Gnome Bard
    Half-Orc Fighter
    (Possibly) Gnome Wizard - Willing to change if others want a controller.
    (Possibly) Warlord / Cleric
    (Possibly) Sorcerer
    3) VERY Basic outline of story: Rumors are spreading of savage Barbarian raiders and their unyielding Warlord scouring remote villages and towns with unbeknown intentions or motives. Witnesses are scarce and facts as frequent as fictions. The pattern of attacks, however, indicates advancement upon a major city. Perspiration on the crowns of nobles is a well known direct influence on the influx of mercenary coffers. Heroes and opportunists alike are beginning to be sought out with promise of fame, fortune and fables. Opportunity now knocks with a heavy hand to all willing adventurers.
    4) Saturday evening is the date in question. From about 5P.M Eastern to Midnight. We are still narrowing it down and working out conflicts so throw me a private messages ASAP or message me.
    5) In debate: OpenRPG or Maptools so cast your vote and send it to me VIA Private message please.
    Last edited by Justanewbie; 09-03-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cancellation

Hey all, sorry about the delay. I'm actually currently DMing a game at the moment and don't have time for another one. If that changes I'll start a new thread. For now, I gotta say I'm unavailable. Thanks for your interest, all!

_Paintknight

Downloads
    Uploads

Getting to know each other

Hi everyone, I'm the guy who is going to be playing Lugert, the Half-Orc Fighter. I thought we could use this forums space to get to know each other before this campaign got started. We can talk about our characters and other things.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple of character ideas, but I don't want to sway anybody's decisions. I tend to favor defenders, but i like strikers too. I like ranged and melee strikers equally. I have never really indulged a controller, but with the illusionist stuff in arcane power, I am "thinking" about it.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had chosen the Bard to play in this. I had never gotten a chance to play a Leader class so I thought I'd give one a try.

I'll be playing him predominantly as a ranged person, he'll own a melee weapon but I don't think he'll ever choose to make use of it. I've put together a background story for him if you all are interested in that kind of detail.

Also for saturday's the 27th I can't make it. My wife and I are moving into the new house that weekend so all my stuff will be in boxes. Aside from that I shouldn't have much attendance trouble.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey all. I'm your unconfirmed sorcerer at the moment.
    I'd really like to play and I can probably do saturday evenings as you guys discussed. I was a bit wary of committing to this at first given my hectic schedule (I'm a senior year vet student), and things like to crop up at the worst times. Also 5 until midnight is a big chunk of time...

But despite all that, I'd really like to give it a shot and see if we can make it work. Worst comes to worst, my schedule won't allow me to game with you all, but I'm sure you'll fill the spot quickly - it seems likes theres a ton of interest around here!!

This of course, would suck for me, who is chomping at the bit to play 4e because it sounds like such a blast. Maybe I can make cameo appearances every now and then - be kinda that drifter type who keeps showing up every now and then. Just a thought. I'll post this to the thread so we can get everyone's feedback. Thanks all, looking forward to your comments!

Edit: If you don't want to message me here, shoot me an email at ajpfox@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    veterinarian or veteran?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok cool. I was thinking I would play a Cleric or Warlord but I think what I will do is play a Rogue. Every good party needs a sneaky/trap killer/door unlocker type. I'll get back to you on particulars like race later. I'm thinking I might do a special forces type, we'll see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol good call. I meant veterinarian.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say midnight MIGHT be a bit late for me too. Not that I can't stay up that late, but I am at work on saturdays, and plan on taking a break to play. I am trying to wrap up my thesis, and need SOME time to get it done .

I think everybody has chimed in for preferences, so I will say I have been thinking the following, but I am open to them all, in order of most preference to minor interest:

Genasi earthstrength warden
    human shielding swordmage
    deva avenger of the Raven Queen(who keeps getting killed by the same vampire through out eternity).
    gnome illusionist
    half-elf druid (multiclassed with invoker and minimal wildshaping)
    Human Barbarian (thaneborn)
    dwarf vestige warlock
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast