Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 4th Ed
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 6
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Open RPG
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Open RPG)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 4th Ed CAMPAIGN!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

New 4th Ed CAMPAIGN!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey all, I'm looking for a 4th edition campaign and have been having the most ridiculous time trying to find one. I'm looking for someone who has good ideas and can GM and then a few more players. I'm open to just about anything as long as it's fantasy and it's entertaining. I've had a great deal of experience with 4th ed, in fact, I GM'd each time I played and now I'm anxious to play. I'm lookin for a game once a week, on a weeknight (most likely tues, wed or thurs but can do mon or fri if need be).

Shoot me an e mail at paintknight@yahoo.com

~Andrew

Downloads
    Uploads

Me too!

Bumping - I'm looking for exactly the same thing you are.
    I have experience from ADnD up to 3.5, but 4e has me really excited and I'm going through withdrawl while I'm out of the country for school.

Here's hoping theres a GM out there looking for some experienced players!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ill play

Downloads
    Uploads

Taking one for the team

I am interested in playing too. I have a group I run out here in Japan (I'm active US Navy) and was hoping to play but I guess someone should get the ball rolling. I'd like to participate but because of where I am I guess we need to figure out logistics. Ok, obvious stuff. Time difference. I am a day ahead of people in the states. I'm actually 16 hours ahead of PST, 17 hours ahead of MST, etc. I could run a game here on Saturday at 10:00 am which would be 6:00pm Friday evening in say California. I can do this or anything else weekend related.

I have experience running 4e D&D. I stick primarily to the rules but am flexible enough to allow creative alterations (such as using thunder damage in place of fire because you envision a thunder motif. It changes only the type which to me can be flavor text. As long as it doesn't change the basic mechanic of the power things like that) and using anything officially from the WOTC sight including pre-release stuff. 22 pt attribute by in starting anywhere from level 1-3 would be fine. I have options for world. Let me know if this is acceptable, like I said i'm flexible.

Spence

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haasenritter123, are you proposing a realtime game or a Play-by-Post game?
    John
    aka Anodyzed
    also gaming at www.whidbeygamers.net

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking real time with skype. I haven't tried using any of the virtual playing areas but I have looked at them and it seems like we could actually have a grid to play on? Maptools right? I am really new to this but gaming I have done for a long time so the logistics are all we need to hammer out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds good!

I've never used maptools before, but OpenRPG I've heard good things about...plus I already have it running on my POS linux box. Skype works for me as well. Don't know about you all, but Sunday afternoons (I'm EST) work best for me. I'm a medical student so sometimes I have to study/ go to class or what not, but evn then I can be flexible.

Haasenritter123: What do you need from us other then logistics at this point? Any ideas on what kind of game you'd like to run? More of an RP or a combat focused game?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played several games through OpenRPG, and I can say it works pretty well. Its got its quirks, but overall its solid. It'll let you build maps from image files and shuffle characters around to display the combat. It also has dice rollers and whatnot built in to its chat client.

I'm in Pennsylvania/Eastern Time and I'm not sure if I can participate in a game on Friday nights. However, if you have any questions about open RPG I can try to help you out with that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im good to play as a striker or controller

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'll throw in a bid to GM if you're interested. Been working on a campaign I was going to try and drop on a local group but sadly, that fell through.

Let's see.. I'd be willing to run something around a 50/50 role play/combat split. I know that's what most people favor and I'll try and stick with it but personally I lean towards more role play for explorers and have fun with instigators and actors. My campaign is just a rough outline at the moment, and I can give you an idea of it (and will in the email I'll send to ya) but I would like to get a good grasp of the characters I'll be working with so it can become more of an "our" campaign before I fill in the holes.

Anyways.. the downside to having me GM is that I'm very new to playing online D&D and not sure what programs to use but I am very willing to invest time and effort into learning fast while setting up our story if you're willing to give me a quick run through of what programs we'll be using. I am familiar with skype and other voice programs, so that won't be a problem, but maptools and openRPG are pretty foreign to me.

Right.. so I'm eastern timezone. 7:30pm for me right now and I'd be willing to play on weekends or week day evenings. I'll shoot you over an e-mail as well. Hope to hear from you soon.

-JN

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on which days you run it I'd love a game. As I said above I'm pretty familiar with OpenRPG so I could give you a rundown of what you'd need to know for it, just let me know.

Maptools I haven't used though, not sure what its all about. Guess I should take a look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At this point i'm pleased to hand it over to Justanewbie. I'd like to play a Warlord, Cleric, or Wizard/Rogue. Warlord is my first choice. Fantasy Grounds looks interesting. Whatever enviornment you go with let me know I'll figure it out. I'm loading Windows on my Mac so I can join in (ugh the things I'll do to game) LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads

So that leaves us where exactly?

Ok so...as of right now where do we all stand lol?

I'd like to play a sorcerer, barbarian, or druid, depending on how things go. Personally I like more combat in my games, but I'm very flexible to go with what the group wants.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure how many I count, but I'd love to play if it is a sat game. I have lots of macro sets for maptools that can easily be edited for everyone to use.

I run a game on sundays, and it makes the flow of an online game so much quicker.

As for character, I probably have a concept in mind for every character class available, so I truly don't mind filling in the unwanted role.

I don't know who is in charge or what, but PM me or reply here if it is ok for me to join in.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright.. alright. Since I proposed the idea of me GM'ing I guess I'll step up and take some semblance of charge! So far from what communications I've had this is the information and the 'yadda yadda' about what we're doing to date.

1) Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays (all in the evening at about 5pm eastern to midnight is open. Saturdays are more flexible and Sundays are a slight posibility) are what we've narrowed down to so far.
    2) Homebrew
    3) We have a PHB2 Bard wanting to be rolled and no other characters yet.
    4) The majority of the campaign's intro will be more of an outdoorsy feel. But who knows here we'll end up >
    5) Have room for about 4 more players max. Might be able to swing 5.

If you are interested send me private mail with your times / character class preference and I'll hit you back some time tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully tonight I will also have a "brief" introduction paragraph to give you an idea of what you're looking forward to story wise. I would like to incorporate each of the character's backgrounds and personal stories into the main one as well in some way or another so have some fun with it and we can work together on that if you like.

Anyways, talk to you all soon I hope and can't wait to get started.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Update.. potentially up to three players and myself at the moment.

We have a potential Bard, Warden and an undecided striker/controller so really.. at this point, a couple more players and we'll begin setting a game plan in motion!
    Last edited by Justanewbie; 06-08-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast