Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Some character problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Some character problems

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So I just received an e-mail from my old DM who wants to get group together and restarting our Rebellion Era campaign but with a twist we play the now grown up children of old characters. Well my old character was the first to leave because I had to leave the state (I'm back now). So during my last game the party was getting cocky and we killed several inquisitors so the GM sent Vader. So I convince my party to leave and keep my daughter safe (whom they were using as bait) while I keep Vader busy to allow them to escape.

So I managed to surprise Vader and won initiative, and through multiple critical hits and with melee smash and stunning strike combo I managed to Kill Vader. Well later on according to the e-mails I received, my character was recruited by Palpatine party due to the fact I already had 9 DS points and was a "Jedi".

As result of the change of history the Emperor managed to defeat (but not eliminate) during the battle of Endor.

But now is it ethical to play a character who would most likely be in the spotlight more often or have a relationship mimicking Luke and Anakin? I don't really want to play if I'm going to get special treatment.

So if I do play my character how do I explain my daughter is hidden away or why she would stay hidden? So should Lora (my character’s daughter) be trained as a “Jedi”, or more as an Echani? The her mother is an Echani Rebel Commander (I was human) and I gave LoraGeneral Kota’s Holocan when I thought I was going to die. We have met Luke and Gang before but I don’t know if they’re still alive so I don‘t know if Luke could train Lora.

Anyone have suggestion for level 4 Half Echani human 32 point buy? Prior to leaving I already know she is force sensitive and trained to use light saber along with deflect talent.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, this is difficult. In the few SW games i did, we tried not to monkey with cannon and stayed away from major characters... but if you are playing a character not just central to the group but the campaign, then you as a player have an awesome responsibility to make sure the limelight is shared. The GM is putting a lot of pressure on you in doing this meaning one of 2 things - they trust you, or they don't realize what they are doing. The third option may be that once play starts, something will happen that de-emphasizes your character's role. Assuming thats not happening, play the character and have a lot of fun, but make sure you tell others and act in such a way that shows your character appreciates them and that without their support, you would not flourish. Be REALLY generous and make sure if the GM is trying to give you special treatment that the only person that benefits from it is everyone else - take that energy focussed on you and spend it on the others.

Keep the daughter hidden and trained as Echani - but maybe not typical due to her background (work this out with the GM, but ask for something extra - i would anyway).

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    So I just received an e-mail from my old DM who wants to get group together and restarting our Rebellion Era campaign but with a twist we play the now grown up children of old characters.
    Sounds fine - how will you be the limelight playing your daughter?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every story needs a protaganist. It might not be as serious a problem as you think.

If you really don't feel comfortable with it, maybe talk to the GM about other possible characters, maybe Lora has gone missing, and you can play her fiancee or boyfriend who is setting off to look for her? If you pitched that to me. I'd roll with it.

Then I'd make Lora the apprentice of her father, and give you guys a second antagonist with a personal connection to everyone. Then your character has some of the limelight, but so do the other characters.

A simple solution, is to have neither one of them know who the other one is. I.e. the Vader/Luke scenario minus Bespin.

You could also make her fairly inept, and though she is on a quest for vengeance, the fact is she needs the rest of the party to succeed, but that sounds less appealing to me than the limelight.

I think going the way you are is fine, just keep an eye out for twists you could make to the original Luke/Vader story. The child/parent conflict is a classic for a reason
    "Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRageOfGaia View Post
    The child/parent conflict is a classic for a reason
    Agreed:
    Kronus - Zeus = great story!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think my favorite is Connery - Ford in The Last Crusade.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like that story but I don't think that Jr. or Sr. would have killed the other... but maybe she was that good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it fell through, people responded saying they busy or wish they could ; ;

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh - no!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's too bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is too bad!

have you tried the player registry here on pnpgames?
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."