Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: All Droid

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

All Droid

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Discussion board for all things saga robots.

Spawned by an upcomming all droid champaign, I'd like some discussion for a set of droid hero's and the types of adventures they could have.
    Last edited by canadiansatan; 02-28-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like those IG-88 Assassin droids?

How about Assassin droids with their computers damaged so they aren't sure what to do with their abilities.

...actually that sounds alot like HK-47 so maybe not.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As I recall, Lucas's original concept of C-3PO was a fast-talking New Yorker. How about a protocol droid turned Scoundrel?

Imagine the fun of "creative" translations that just happen to benefit the droid. Or a confidence droid running classic scams, unsuspected because it's "just a machine".

Or, sticking with the 3PO we all know, imagine a full-on droid pirate, with fussy mannerisms: "Please raise your hands, sir, or I shall be compelled to vaporize your head. Thank you for complying, sir."
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    An all-droid party can be played just like a normal organic party, but there are a lot of opportunities for alternative role-play and for situations and tactics that wouldn't necessarily apply to organic characters. The don't need to breath, eat, or sleep, which makes them somewhat more flexible than organic characters. Conversely, they have specific vulnerabilities (ion damage, for example) that can be exploited by enemies.

Droids are considered property in Star Wars -- slaves, essentially -- so a group of "free" droids would probably be seen as threatening to normal, civilized folks who would expect them to have owners. As a sort of cover, you might consider allowing one player to be an organic (or Replica Droid) who poses as the owner of the droids. In fact, the truth might be more sinister -- maybe the one organic of the party is actually a servant of one or more of the droids.

Depending on the focus of the droid party, you can easily come up with adventure ideas to keep them occupied. If they're a group of droids looking to "free" other droids from bondage, they might gain a reputation as terrorists. If they're criminally-minded, they might take on the role of a gang. Or, if they prefer to be benevolent, they can aspire to be truly unique heroes.

One other thing to consider -- droids, depending on their model and modifications -- are ubiquitous. They are virtually everywhere in the Star Wars universe. This means that droid PCs would likely find it easy to disappear into the crowd.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The idea is to start out 1st level droid heros. We'd start as property of a salvager. It could go many ways from there.

It's likely the combat/assasin droid will take independent droid and kill the captain.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the salvager treats the droids like crap, then why kill him off? Just leave him abandoned on Raxus Prime in all the junk and steal his ship. That way he can come back as an enemy later, or even save the players if they need him too.

"Those droids ran away from me, that makes them mine! So stop shooting that one in the face or I'll have to kill you."

Of course I don't think anyone would risk their lives for a droid unless it was important. Maybe a player has a code the salvager needs and they don't know it.

Or you could kill the salvager...your game after all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To make life interesting, you could have a droid who thinks it still belongs to the salvager. While it's going along with the rest of its group, it's secretly trying to return them all to their former owner.

Or maybe, from the GM side, one of the droids was stolen by the salvager. Its former owner tracks them down because it has a secret compartment storing some valuables/was a childhood friend/the owner is compulsive and wants his property back/the droid failed to protect one of the owner's family members and must be destroyed/etc.

Simply trying to acquire "stuff" could be interesting for an all-droid party. Imagine trying to legally get power sources, or starship fuel. Even landing could be a good RP encounter. I can see the encounter at the BoSS now: "So, these documents say you droids are the legal owners of this starship? Right..."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More likely the droids would say the owner is not to be bothered and is sending his droids out on erands.

On a side note... where does it have the specs on PROXY's holographic projectors?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiansatan View Post
    More likely the droids would say the owner is not to be bothered and is sending his droids out on erands.

On a side note... where does it have the specs on PROXY's holographic projectors?

Good question....I want to know that too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Good question....I want to know that too.
    Should be in The Force Unleashed CG either in the droid chapter or specific to proxy.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    Should be in The Force Unleashed CG either in the droid chapter or specific to proxy.
    Can't find it in there is the issue. Wizards forgot the important of and INDEX!!!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The hell is an index?

(jk)

Downloads
    Uploads
    There aren't really any statistics for the projector. It's merely listed in Proxy's description as allowing him to "produce near-perfect images around his body." Check page 196.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say give it a +15 on Disguise checks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back before Saga edition existed I had a major droid NPC that became basically a manufacturing king in the galaxy. Started out as a good old fashion gronk driod who his owner constantly modified, upgraded, and basically obsessed over. When the owner was killed the driod stole the remains and placed themn in a bacta tank to keep them in somewhat acceptable condition. then continues with its orders, saying it was property of it's crippled master.

After about 20 years it had found its own asteroid rich solar system and was mining it for resources for building ships and equipment for the galaxy... I should really convert that droid to Saga edition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast