Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The First Character you created?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The First Character you created?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The First Book you bought made me think of this question:
    The First Character you created:
    ->Mine was D&D - AD&D his name was Black Tye and he was a dwarven fighter. Oddly enough I never got to play him until a month ago when I did him up for a play by post campaign. his charcter had evolved quite differently than I had orginally pictured him when I was 13 to now when I am 34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beurgo Meadowbrook
    Halfling Rogue (D&D 3.5... circa 2005ish)
    Was going to level him as a Wizard after I was done with Rogue to eventually prestige him as a Daggerspell Mage, but I never even got to do a single campaign with him. So much potential...
    Last edited by Slipstream; 05-25-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear ya...maybe eventually...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I played a game in 1977 but don't recall the character. I'm pretty sure I didn't create him as I was pulled into a game. I picked up the boxed set in 1978 and ran games for several years before actually playing again. But it's been so long, I don't recall who it was

I've played in a lot of games since then but mostly ran games. Most recently the character was provided (Shadowrun 3rd) and his name is Duc, a Street Sam. I've fleshed him out and used the stats to broaden my 3rd Ed knowledge.

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first RPG character I recall building on my own (as opposed to having a GM "assign" me one or make one up on-the-spot) was a Star Wars RPG character: Gohar Bliseig, human smuggler and freighter captain. He had an NPC copilot who was a bothan named Squib and flew a YT-1700 light freighter named "The Barrel" (my own homebrewed creation).

Interestingly, I don't think I ever did play with Gohar as a PC but I did end up using him as an NPC in my own campaigns on a couple of occasions.

I held on to the original character sheet for the longest time but last time I went through all my old RPG documents it was nowhere to be found. Oh well, I'll have to whip him up again some day.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the first DnD character I created was a human fighter named Barbarella, heh.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1978, DnD human fighter named Bart the Bold
    (the first to live beyond a single adventure anyway - went through 3 months of that! Bart had a war dog... thats what helped. I was a mouthy punk in those days)
    Last edited by templeorder; 06-16-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's see, the first character I ever created was Darnelion Male Chaotic Good Gnome fighter - 2E DnD 1989. He lasted all of about 2 hours of play before gettings squashed by a Gnoll. There was a string of characters after that for a few weeks, with most not surviving a session through a combination of bad die rolling and poor choices on my part.

However, the first character I created that survived more than one session would be Tormai Dagon Human Jedi for the defunct West End Games d6 Star Wars game in 1991. In fact, that character is still around. Haven't played him much in the last ten years, mainly because he doesn't translate to d20 Star Wars, although Saga might be a better fit, but still not right.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coran the Golden, Centaur Warrior. He is still part of my game. Heck I still have his first character sheet. I believe his is 6th level on that one. I decided it was too abused and rewrote it. However I kept the sheet for continuity.

I have his picture too:

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Elven rogue-type. Orianna McKendrick (back when I thought scotch/irish names sounded really elfy) had a silver tongue and liked to snipe people from the trees with a blowgun. Her partner in grime (likewise an elf) was Jared Alkin, a demon hunter.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first character was Cyan Morrandor from 2E (1995), he was a Paladin whom I manage to get to 9th level. Then I ended up taking over as DM and haver been doing it ever since. I still used him in my first campaign that lasted over 3 years till I retired the setting (it was a custom one, after the guys bashed through it there wasn't much left to do) Still one of my favorite characters that I base many of my newer NPC Paladin types as.
    "It's too late. You've awakened the Gazebo. It catches you and eats you."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    D&D in the 7th Grade...maybe earlier? But Cedric Firetamer, human fighter. Broke his arm trying to catch the elven rogue when she fell from the gate she was trying to open.
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.
    Playing in the darkness. www.farlandworld.com
    "Dude, we totally play 1d4-2 Friday nights per month. More or less."

Downloads
    Uploads
    like many of you i had an early group of characters that never made it beyond the 1st time playing them all of which were basic edition or expert edition. the first one that lasted any time was menelmacar a magic user/ thief for 2nd ed. after retired him i started to dm and have been doing it ever since until about 2 years ago when i started playing again in 3.5 edition. i still have that character and all theat went with it even the characters of those i played with. that was around 1980 or so.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, memories...

The campaign we were playing back in '94 had dwarves as a wild race, so taking my cues i created a dwarven barbarian, which did pretty well, until level 3 when the adventurers ran into a wraith. Staying in character by not listening to the wizard when she told me not to, i charged into battle and ultimately was killed. On a positive note i do use the ghost of his character to guide other players when they do venture into the ruins where the wraith resides...
    'Justice, like lightning, ever should appear to few men's ruin, but to all men's fear.'

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A 7th level Half Elven Bard in AD&D within a group of 14th level characters, died like 10 minutes as I spawned on a moving airship and got blasted out of the sky along with the party's wizard by a Red Dragon that was attacking our airship...my familiar died, my possessions burnt to a crisp...I got resurrected...traveled a couple more games with that party then was turned into a woman by a Girdle of Masculinity / Femininity ....lol I think I played that character till level 10...Cool thing was...it was my first character and I think I did more with it and scored higher rolls after it was shifted into a woman.....GIRL POWER ALL THE WAY....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast