Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook -VS- Myspace

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Facebook -VS- Myspace

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Ok, I'm sure pretty much everyone on here has heard of both Facebook and Myspace. My question is which one do you think is better? Also, have you found any usefulness to either of these sites pertaining to the world of gaming?

I personally like Myspace better. The only real reason is that you can have music and videos on your profile page, plus they dont try to change the rules every week in an attempt to rape their subscribers of their rights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Facebook, because the interface is much more appealing navigationally, and I am not forced to scroll through endless photos, poorly animated dancing avatars, and generally terrible music that blasts through my speakers from more than one source on the page.

If I could choose, I'd say neither, but I have close friends on FB that I do stay in contact with on it on a daily basis and it is the most centralized form of communication for us via the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthro82 View Post
    plus they dont try to change the rules every week in an attempt to rape their subscribers of their rights.
    What are these rights you speak of? Both are free services. They can revoke any feature they want, whenever they want.
    Last edited by Slipstream; 05-21-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife is on both and keeps trying to get me on them, but I've resisted all her cajoling so far.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    true. facebook tried to say your pictures are their copyright, and they can sue you if you post them elsewhere(your personal pictures). Plus a bunch of other junk. it was a big ordeal recently. Im suprised you havent read about it
    Last edited by Panthro82; 05-21-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    true but facebook tries to take say your pictures are their copyright and they can sue you if you post them elsewhere(your personal pictures). Plus a numch of other junk. it was a big ordeal recently. Im suprised you havent read about it
    I heard about it. They pulled way back on that within a couple days of it going public.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got both, but I spend more time on Facebook. MySpace was fun at first; it's flashier and gives you a lot more freedom appearance-wise. But eventually I got bored with it. Facebook looks more professional, and is easier to maintain. Overall, MySpace seems like it's got a younger target audience.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yea Myspace is definitely the site for teens and twenty somethings. Facebook tends to be family and older oriented.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Facebook, its less annoying (still plenty annoying though). I still honestly miss the days when IM had online, offline, and away for status...

yea Myspace is definitely the site for teens and twenty somethings. Facebook tends to be family and older oriented.
    Thats because facebook started as a college grad (major universities) only site. They later opened it up to everyone.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have both. Rarely use either. I sign on a few times a year, and that's only if a friend finds my page and says hello. I guess i also have Flixter, but who's counting.

If i want to connect with old friends, i use classmates.com and reunion.com. For professional connections, and business contacts, etc, i use linkedin.com
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think i've used my Myspace account in half a year. I use facebook and just got a twitter account, but i try and balance it out with real world contact. I hate phones, so facebook and email is always a better way to communicate if i cannot do it face-to-face. I prefer facebook because it actually is more useful to me and just seems more anganized and efficinet in its user experience. Myspace feels chaotic.. i could care less about the age crowds, but the content of myspace seems to be less relevant to me.

You get used to whatever you use... as with most things, like games. Most people i know play only one game system - its what they are comfortable with. Did myspace first? - well, odds are you probably spend more time there. I did facebook first so that where i invested most of my time and continue to return to.
    Last edited by templeorder; 05-22-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use both, but I find that I prefer Myspace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are going to do myspace have fun with it.MySpace.com - Holgrim - 99 - Male - - www.myspace.com/458366675

Downloads
    Uploads
    I much rather prefer Facebook, but I wish there was a way to stop all the annoying app requests. Otherwise, I much prefer it. I don't think I've been on my MySpace page in ages. In fact, I should just head on over there and delete it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually Facebook, for me, is for my family. Myspace is for friends mostly. I post things, like humorous short stories on Myspace that I wouldn't post on Facebook. I wouldn't really want my family to read some of the humor I tend to write.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really? Strange as I have rpg books at my home older than most of those who post here and I love Myspce. As for Facebook I don't like it and don't use it.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast