Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: The Zorcerer of Zo

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Zorcerer of Zo

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Anyone planning on getting this fairy tales and folktales adventuring RPG? It's on my list list, but I was curious as to how many would try it.

The pre-order period for the new fairytale game from Atomic Sock Monkey Press, THE ZORCERER OF ZO, is now open!

All the information you need is here:
    http://chadu.livejournal.com/457279.html

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I bought a copy from RPGNow, but so far have only skimmed it. As one might assume from the name, the land of Zo bears a striking similarity to Oz, with significant differences. The first chapter is an introduction to fairy tales, and how playing in a fairy tale differs from other genres.

Another interesting bit is that the author not only describes the campaign world, but how it actually played out, complete with commentary by the players.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That player commentary alone is of high value.
    --
    Grimwell

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At last I just finished it, and it's well worth the money; I'll probably get the printed version (through RPGNow) when it comes out.

A huge chunk of the book goes session by session through the original Zo campaign, and provides not only a "plot synopsis" but the GM's preparation and improvisation, along with the aforementioned player commentary. It's a real boon to those of us whose GM experience is fairly limited ... or who really aren't sure how a PDQ game would work. (Actually, I grokked for the first time what happens in the normal damage system when you take a hit to Accounting or Love for Mary Jane ... which doesn't work for one-shots, but makes campaigns much more interesting.)
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    (Actually, I grokked )
    Stranger in a Strange Land reference?
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds cool but none of my friends would play it unfortunately.....they ph34r new genres!