Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The ding thread!!!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation The ding thread!!!!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This thread is like all of those classic Online RPG's out there. Everytime someone levels they say, "DING" and everyone throws out congrats. So I am leveling with this thread once I click submit......DING!!!

A useful reason for this thread also is have any of you played an online RPG? What was it and how far did you get? I DINGED all the way up to level 32 in Everquest as an Iksar Necromanser before I realized that I didn't even like playing it!

In tribute to Thoth....Where ding you???

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ding! I'm going to 6 Flags.
    "And then you wake up."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emm, emm ... ooooh, those games.

EverQuest, right on up to 70 (had to look that up, heh), Warcraft to 80.

Best bard implementation, evar, EQ, despite the devs not really knowing what to do with us To this day, Seiya Starsong inspires all my pen-and-paper bards and other musically-inclined characters ('specially her spiritual successor, Sera Stormsong).

Free Realms has piqued my interests in MMOs again; somehow the SOE folks made a danged fun casual game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For whatever reason (probably no good one) that phrase has always enraged me. I was still playing EQ when it started being used, and it probably annoyed me because the level-up sound didn't freaking sound anything like "ding" to me. I remember asking in channel "What the heck does 'ding' mean? Why is everyone saying that when they level?"

Heh, can't even discuss it without getting agitated. I'll just be over in the corner muttering =)

Interesting - someone compiled a ton of level-up sounds from various games. http://www.dorkclub.com/ding/

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only dinged to low levels with video games before going A.D.D. i did, however ding my way to killing the dragon in DragonSlayer. Good ole Dirk got the dame.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two negative dings recently here on PnPG- I dinged twice to 22 with the denial of service party last month, but those levels seem to have worn off.

I play WoW off and on- currently off. Level 64 or so Mage sitting in Hellfire being bored with finishing up the last of the quests. I may sign back in with the end of camping season in October. My gf was playing it last night- was slightly tempted to jump on and play, but went back to my book instead.

I never got past like 28 in Everquest- just too repetitive and intolerant of mistakes. When one death erased as much XP as I could make in a session, it was time to hang up my scimitar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ding!

WoW - A level 70 Undead Warlock named, you guessed it, Talmek
    LotRO- A level 60 Elf Minstrel named Alduran Calenrath

After levelling my warlock to the cap, I raided until I was literally sick from it (It was an addiction, I should show some restraint, blah blah blah). After making it through Black Temple for the third time, I had had enough. I really wasn't a fan of PvP, so I donated my character to my best friend who still plays to this day.

Pretty much the same story with my minstrel. After hitting the cap, there just wasn't enough to do in order to keep me interested. I was on a role-playing server (Landroval, for those who played) but the lack of organization for events just got the best of me and I walked away.

It was fun while it lasted, but I'm glad it's over now.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured." -Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yea I forgot to say the name of my Iksar Necromancer from EQ....CatabolicAvatar
    Mead I sort of hated the ding concept myself, but it was a love/hate. Hated it all the time except when I leveled lol. My characters name drew a ton of attention and was partly the reason I was invited into a guild. In about 1 month of being in the guild I was being offered an officer position and was engaged to be married to another guild member(within the game). I was bringing down giants solo when I quit. I had all my spells bought and stored in the bank all the way up to level 45 I believe, and I had a toooooon of money. My friend was a level 54 bard, so he would help me level and dumped plat off on me all the time cause he had more then he could ever spend. I was really good at it, and I almost never did group battles. My character was an Iksar Necromancer it would be out of character to do anything but work solo.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EQ's mechanics were love/hate, really; when the original devs left, they took a lot of their design goals with them and I say it made the game better. Verant was rather fond of the stick, with little love for the carrot, heh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Think I got up to 28 in EQ with a Human Monk, Mead Mornagh. Was on Karana, member of The Haven.

Got a 50-something Night Elf Priest in Warcraft, haven't played that since around the time Burning Crusade came out.

The MMO plain is littered with burned out avatars of myself, most around mid-level.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ding - WoW just nerfed the characters - again.
    "And then you wake up."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    non dinger, I am so ashamed
    Magic is not for parlor tricks.- Sparrow, Second Degree Master

Fragile Things, another slice of forums: http://fragilethings.fr.yuku.com

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol dont be. the online games seem to suck your soul away bit by bit. After I quit EQ i felt like a living zombie for about 4 days afterwards like, "what is this? sunlight???"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthro82 View Post
    lol dont be. the online games seem to suck your soul away bit by bit. After I quit EQ i felt like a living zombie for about 4 days afterwards like, "what is this? sunlight???"
    I quit after spending 19 hours one weekend camping a spawn for just one of four pieces needed to get some monkly megaweapon. Never even got the one piece.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mead View Post
    I quit after spending 19 hours one weekend camping a spawn for just one of four pieces needed to get some monkly megaweapon. Never even got the one piece.
    Stupidly rare spawns and even rarer drops, how both need to be purged from game design. With fire. From orbit, if necessary. Sadly, this part of EQ never went away, as long as I played :\ (The halfling mask was sooooooo worth it though, just to see the reactions from halfling guildmates, tee hee ^_^)

WoW was better, in the warlock/paladin mount quests ... well, the Horde paladin mount quest, anyway (never did finish the lock's; she got shelved when the Horde got elves and I think she still resents it :P).

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast