Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Morrow Project

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Morrow Project

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Does anyone play "Morrow Project"? And if so please give a short summary of you thoughts on it. Thanks

Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never played it, because I have never been able to find a copy of the rules. I know the set up for the game from reading online sources and have played a version of it using a different system (Twilight 2000). Supposedly they are going to release a new version sometime but have not checked on that rumor in a while.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG I had it, it was awesome but it was like over 20 years ago. The cover was manilla colored with a soldier on it if memory serves me. Man I don't even remember the rules only that i was stoked to have it in my hands. I gave it away or lost in in the many moves...sorry, dude.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Quote Originally Posted by menyou6874 View Post
    OMG I had it, it was awesome but it was like over 20 years ago. The cover was manilla colored with a soldier on it if memory serves me. Man I don't even remember the rules only that i was stoked to have it in my hands. I gave it away or lost in in the many moves...sorry, dude.
    -
    I was wrong about the cover - found a 3rd edition on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/Morrow-Project-R...3286.m20.l1116
    Last edited by menyou6874; 05-14-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure, I played this many years.

WIKI:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Morrow_Project

TIMELINE's SITE
    http://www.timelineltd.com/

you can sometimes find it on Ebay, price varies wildly. I've seen 30, i've seen 80 for the core book.

Essentially take the plot of damnation alley novel and film, by roger zelazny, and at least one of the vehicles.

Torch up a road map of the US with about 250+ nuclear detonations, add a hundred or so years (This varies from the book and film, which was recent post-holocaust) and the heroes awake from freeze chambers with fresh gear to a world of mutant slavers and techno-barbarians.

A cool concept, pretty realistic feeling combat system, if you lose the armored coveralls.

Pretty technical if you get into a tank fight.

Skills system was a tack on. RP was there in the flavor of 1e, i.e. you got a name, you make up the pc from nothing, you got some skills and stats and a combat system.

The guys i gamed with liked it a lot.

Twilight:2000 has a much more developed system, but is not quite as gritty.

Many combats in MP end up in dead pcs since most shots will ruin a limb, blow off a hand, or set you up to bleed out, if you are not shot in the head, heart, or spleen which are instant kill pretty much.

if you got specific questions feel free.
    -Etarnon
    Refereeing RPGs since 1977

Old School Gamers (Online) Meetup Group Organizer
    http://www.meetup.com/Old-School/

Downloads
    Uploads

Thoughts on "The Morrow Project"

The Morrow Project has a reputation as the game preferred by gun nuts but that's not entirely fair. Like a lot of SF games it CAN be combat-heavy, but - if it's run well - it can be a great game.

It has a hugely versatile background; the whole focus should be about REBUILDING a civilization, which would obviously require huge amounts of diplomacy, technical ingenuity and some really hard choices. On the other hand, it can be run as high-tech monster-bashing, if you like that sort of thing.

The combat system and character creation rules are a little clunky but you can easily substitute your preferred system. The background is now out-of-date (World War 3 in 1989) but there is a 4th edition in the works (I did some playtesting for it last year). Unfortunately, no-one knows when this is coming out.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the guys that wrote it? I was even around during the playtest phase although I did not do play testing.

I played once at a con ages ago and do have a copy. I suppose not my cup of tea.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group