Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: To: Dallas Players

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

To: Dallas Players

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Greetings to Dallas area gamers...

Firstly, i'm looking for individuals who would be willing to drive up to the Lewisville, Carrollton area for a game of Ravenloft 4e. It would be focused around small groups of three or four at the most, and everyone would get the chance to play and DM, if they so choose. We'd be meeting up to once a week for a couple of hours each time, so no one suffers from burn out.

Secondly, i'm creating my own campaign setting for 4e, that originated from working on earlier editions. After trying to convert Dark Sun, Al-Qadim and Planescape to 4e, several ideas took flight and became something else completely. I'm not going into to details here on the thread, but the meat of what i'm looking for is this:

What do you, as players or DM's, like or dislike about campaign settings?

and/or

What would you, as players or DM's, like to see in a campaign setting?

If anyone has any interest in Ravenloft, or would like to contribute to my work, please send me a PM.

Also, when my setting is complete and anyone would like to give it a spin, let me know, i'll send you a copy...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well first, I'd be willing to drive but unfortunately I don't care for 4e, but I do love Ravenloft

What do you, as players or DM's, like or dislike about campaign settings?

As a DM I like campaign settings because the world is fleshed out and you don't have a lot of inconsistencies that crop up with last minute details.

As a player it doesn't matter one way or another unless it's a published setting that I'd be familiar with and had certain things I liked about it. If it's a unpublished setting, than it's a ll new and exciting.

What would you, as players or DM's, like to see in a campaign setting?

A world full of climate and terrain changes for versatility in communities, races, and civilizations. Religious disorder with many gods, similar to Earth I guess Good evil organizations, most of the time in D&D, Evil is so unorganized and falls in upon itself ... we need intelligent evil for a change
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"