Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
P&PG Experience Calculation Change - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P&PG Experience Calculation Change

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Early in this forum's history I posted often. Not all nonsense either. Maybe 50%. But a large motivation of posting was to stay on top and gain ranks/levels. I quickly learned that those who were running games in the PBP campaign section would beat me out regardless of how many posts I could generate. So it became useless to even bother.

I think the PBP section, like the blog section, shouldn't factor into the number of Posts that are recorded nor be involved in ranking or gaining levels.
    "And then you wake up."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I disagree. PBP games and blogging contribute to overall site activity and the health of the community and I think that should be rewarded.

Of course, I also think that we oughta have a writing section/forum, too, so those of us who write can show off their work
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is why I have a website.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the writing section and completely disagree with PBP not getting experience. Not only is it a blueprint for other people who want to play in that format, but it also is more relevant than any other post on the site! If I'm not mistaken, this site was created mainly to help gamers find games and to give people another venue to play them.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote goes to both the writing section and the pbp section for getting experience.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

I don't give a toss over how many levels I have here I post because I like to post. If someone has more levels big whoop I gave up on petty matters like that when I turned 18 many, many, oh god many moons ago.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's 3 votes for a writer's forum . Methinks someone should start up a social group for writers. They can have attached forums, y'see ...

Edit: Nevermind, they have a limited number of categories. Local group, gaming group and Play by Post. Needs to have a "general" category, mayhaps.
    Last edited by GoddessGood; 06-01-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoddessGood View Post
    That's 3 votes for a writer's forum . Methinks someone should start up a social group for writers. They can have attached forums, y'see ...

Edit: Nevermind, they have a limited number of categories. Local group, gaming group and Play by Post. Needs to have a "general" category, mayhaps.
    I'd join a social group for writers. Never been in one here before.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybody here that wants to join can join my writing group. I'll send out invites.
    Panthro...you are explicitly UNinvited. Spy!
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    The group I host is for DMs and writers. Nobody who isn't in the group can read the posts. That way, you can discuss your on-going adventures and campaigns without fear of a snooping player (Panthro) reading what's going on.
    Last edited by DM_Running_Farland_3.5; 06-01-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.
    Playing in the darkness. www.farlandworld.com
    "Dude, we totally play 1d4-2 Friday nights per month. More or less."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What are the rules/guidelines for posting? Is it just for adventure writing (as the title suggests) or can we post fiction, too? Is there a PG-13 rating cap or, since it is moderated and access is invite only, can we get a little racier?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are the rules/guidelines for posting? Is it just for adventure writing (as the title suggests) or can we post fiction, too? Is there a PG-13 rating cap or, since it is moderated and access is invite only, can we get a little racier?
    If the group is limited to adventure writing (just D&D or other games, too?), can we create another group for other kinds of writing?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
    If the group is limited to adventure writing (just D&D or other games, too?), can we create another group for other kinds of writing?
    I think I will do that, actually. I think DM_Running_Farland_3.5 has something great going, but it sort of spoils it if players can see what the GMs are doing. I'll post a link here when I get it up and running.

Edit: here's the link http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...hp?groupid=137
    Please let me know if non-members can see this forum? I'm still trying to work out the kinks. Ideally I'd like non-members to be able to see the posts but not respond. This way posts can be regulated.
    Last edited by GoddessGood; 06-01-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can post whatever you want. Writers of fiction, adventures or campaigns are welcome.

As for the PG-13 cap. I know that unless it is out and out offensive, I will not delete it.

I think I will do that, actually. I think DM_Running_Farland_3.5 has something great going, but it sort of spoils it if players can see what the GMs are doing. I'll post a link here when I get it up and running.
    You can't read anything unless you join. The players are not invited, yo.
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.
    Playing in the darkness. www.farlandworld.com
    "Dude, we totally play 1d4-2 Friday nights per month. More or less."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123