Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

List of upcoming Saga Edition releases!!
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: List of upcoming Saga Edition releases!!

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

List of upcoming Saga Edition releases!!

My thanks to Jedi_Comedian at the WotC forums for putting this list together, think I will maintain the pnpgames version here. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by jedi_comedian
    Bear in mind that while these details have been confirmed by the game designers, they are subject to change at any time.
    In order of release:

Release Date: 19 January 2010
    Authors: Rodney Thompson, Eric Cagle, Gary Astleford
    Page Count: 224 pages
    Official Description: The Star Wars galaxy is rife with treachery and intrigue, from the machinations of Darth Sidious and the Bothan SpyNet to the secret agendas of the Rebel Alliance and the Empire. This supplement gives players and Gamemasters everything they need to run games and play characters in a galaxy of intrigue.

This book provides new options and gear for nobles and other sly-minded characters, as well as a host of adventure hooks and campaign seeds that can be used to inject elements of intrigue into campaigns of all eras. It also includes rules for running skill challenges.

The Unknown Regions

Release Date: 20 April 2010
    Author: Rodney Thompson
    Page Count: 224 pages
    Official Description: Far from the cityscape of Coruscant, beyond the fringe planets of the Outer Rim, lies a vast region of space called the Unknown Regions. The Unknown Regions are mysterious and uncharted. They are home to strange aliens, violent slavers, and the forgotten remnants of ancient civilizations that have lived in isolation for eons.

This sourcebook gives players and Gamemasters everything they need to run and play in campaigns featuring scouts, exploration and adventure in the uncharted reaches of the Star Wars galaxy. The Unknown Regions allows Gamemasters to take their existing campaigns in bold new directions, or this book can be used to jumpstart a new campaign that focuses on exploring the unknown.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Tremayne; 12-31-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    <Thoth rubs his hands together in anticipation>
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    <Thoth rubs his hands together in anticipation>
    Yes, I know! Pretty awesome right!?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those books look very enticing. I've not played this game yet, but with those books incoming, I'll have to jump at the chance if I find a LFP group near me. Plus they have been taunting me in the bookstores everytime I see them. So pretty... Rebellion Era, Galaxy at War, and the Scavenger's Guide to Droids look cool. As for that droid book.. no way that is the final cover. Hideous and doesn't fit with the others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have a way of just throwing random covers at us as a tease.

I really have to say that Saga is probably the best RPG I have ever played.

It gets Star Wars right on the dot.

The only thing that is missing is a lot of minutia which is fine with me because the system is fluid enough that the GM and or players can wing it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Which dice system does Saga use, I'm curious?
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Which dice system does Saga use, I'm curious?
    d20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Added update to Galaxy of Intrigue and the new info on the Unknown Regions book!

Good stuff!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can update the picture of the droid book with the pic below, as its the only one of it I can find. Not sure why it's taking so long to post official pictures, but even if it's fake, it is a natural 20 better than the crappy stand-in cover.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As some of you may or may not know, the Wizards of the Coast product catalog for next year has been released and there are 0 Star Wars RPG products scheduled to be released.

Take from that what you will.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    As some of you may or may not know, the Wizards of the Coast product catalog for next year has been released and there are 0 Star Wars RPG products scheduled to be released.

Take from that what you will.

Hmm, that seems odd, due to the other Star Wars related items that seem to be sellimg really well in the retail sector.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well WotC has to buy the License from Lucasfilm and supposedly its been renewed until 2012 or something like that.

So that may mean they are simply slowing the production schedule. 2 books a year perhaps?

The core material needed to run the game is out there with 2 more class books coming.

There is still a wealth of Star Wars information being produced that could be covered with the clone wars cartoon and the live action show coming at some point.

But that is about it.

But the fact that all the core material is out of the way I think it now gives them the opportunity to produce books and CREATE new material for the Star Wars canon the way WEGs did with d6.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

A whole new edition would be dumb though. I would settle for a revision that was compatible with the current version, a Saga 3.5 if you will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    A whole new edition would be dumb though. I would settle for a revision that was compatible with the current version, a Saga 3.5 if you will.
    I wouldn't mind buying another Core book, but having to rebuy everything else would irk me.

There is no need for any "4th-ing" of this system. Maybe whenever the Dark Times TV series kicks in a few years from now... but not yet. I love it as is. The need to slow production down is understandable. Wizards wants to stay afloat and if it means no new books for awhile, that's fine.

Here's my unofficial list for what seems sensible in the future:

• Galaxy of Intrigue
    • Unknown Regions
    • Galactic Scouts Handbook
    • Starships/Vehicles/Mounts of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    • The Clone Wars Campaign Guide Vol. 2 (including new material from The Clone Wars seasons 2 & final season 3)
    • Saga Edition Revised (as speculated above)
    • The Old Republic Vol 2 (totally happening after new material from MMO)
    • The Dark Times Campaign Guide(s) (a pseudo vol. 2 of Force Unleashed, but with info from the live action TV series)
    Last edited by Slipstream; 12-04-2009 at 04:32 PM.