Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: In Game Thread

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post In Game Thread

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The next morning, you are greeted by some of Chobry's more experienced troops. They show you to the common room.

As you all gather in the great room, you are met by Hroald, Chobry's lieutenant and commander of today's watch. He is a veteran adventurer; of what variety, you cannot immediately tell by looking at him. While (like Chobry the night before) he is decked out in full armor, he seems oddly, more at ease in his armor. Like it is part of him.

He bids you good morning and shows you to the table. Cold, gamey chicken with stale bread, too-fresh cheese and watered-down beer. Even the "well to do" in Elder Daven are not eating well these days.

Hroald is a story-teller and a bit of a braggart, but not to the point that it is annoying. His early days were spent in the Sin Lord's army as a conscript. He defected after a particularly gruesome assignment and wandered for a while.
    "That's when I heard of Chobry. I've been with him for…nigh on 30 years now."
    Last edited by DM_Running_Farland_3.5; 05-04-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Miscaculated time
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.
    Playing in the darkness. www.farlandworld.com
    "Dude, we totally play 1d4-2 Friday nights per month. More or less."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ely is rather disturbed on hearing he fought in Lord Sin's army. Will defenitly be keeping an eye on him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Walter absorbs the story quietly, ruefully reflecting on how many did what they "must" to survive under the Sin Lords. Hroald's defection seemed to show some moral sense at least, provided the story was true.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rana for the first time since he has set foot in this place is at ease after hearing this information and his mind is racing with good possibilities. Rana would consider him before now as misguided and unsure of where he fit into lifes grand schemes, which is something Rana can relate to greatly. He thinks that this is a major advantage for us. If the sin lord is in fact who did this to Ely's mother then Hroald has inside information that could be incredibly advantageous to our cause. (I would definitely say this quietly to Ely, knowing that he would be suspicious of Hroald)
    Last edited by Panthro82; 05-03-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ely: I am all for information about Mother, let's see what he knows.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthro82 View Post
    I would definitely say this quietly to Ely, knowing that he would be suspicious of Hroald
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal6 View Post
    I am all for information about Mother, let's see what he knows.
    (As DM) Alright then. Ask away.
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ely: Where did you operate when in the service of the Sin Lord?
    [roll d20]sense motive[/roll]

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OUT OF GAME
    (take out the periods)
    [.roll.=.".1d20.".]The description text for your roll[./.roll.]
    So that to roll a d20, it would show up like this
    * Sense Motive *

Remember to add any modifiers to your roll "1d20+3" or "1d6-2" or whatever.

Try again
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal6 View Post
    Ely: Where did you operate when in the service of the Sin Lord?
    [roll d20]sense motive[/roll]
    Hroald - Perhaps you have heard of the Naga War? It is really a series of skirmishes with only one pitched battle.
    As I am sure you are aware of, Saithith, being a vampire, disliked running water. As such, he employed massive armies of workers to dam, divert and otherwise modify nearly every major river and stream in Daven.
    In 8162, the very year Valanduil and Bartarius slew him with Oakheart, my company was sent to provide military cover for such an army of workers in the Southwood.
    Barely a week into the work, we started losing entire crews of men. They just wouldn't return.
    We typically had defectors (they were, after all, slaves to Saithith, may he rot). But this was exceptional. The guards assigned to them would disappear, too. This was less common, as undead, Dark Folk or both were assigned to watch over every squad.
    We were sent out to hunt down the defectors.
    It ended up being water naga's and their merfolk allies from down the river in Great Daven Lake.
    They were killing the dark folk and freeing the slaves.
    The nagas and merfolk harried us and worked against us for months. The one battle we fought them was statistically even. But they won. The merfolk never left the water, pummeling us with crossbow bolts from the middle of the river. The nagas were using their magic to great effect with their barrages of magical missiles and sweeping use of sleep spells.
    We would wade into the river and find our legs and feet being attacked from the mud and muck. Once we tried to retreat up the banks, we found we had been flanked by two or three nests of Dark Nagas...who, up to this point, we had not encountered. They must have come out to support their brethern.
    It was at this point that the few of us left carried out our final orders.
    On our way out of the river, we dropped capsules in.
    Poison capsules.
    We broke though down river and made camp a day's forced march away, where the river met Great Daven Lake. As I sat on watch that night, I saw the bodies start to float up. The fish first, they were small. They were on the banks when I arrived on watch. During my shift...the children. Mrefolk children. Then their grandparents. Then their parents. Entire settlements were dead.

I swam across the river that night, prefering to die of my own poison over being in the service, forced or no, of this unholy abomination any longer.

I know. I know I could have left. I could have not followed orders. But they numb you. First it is perimeter security while they "put down a rebellion". Then it is guarding "rebels". Then it is "putting down rebellions". Then it is executing "rebels". Before you know it, you don't have a soul anymore. Every once in a while, your conscience creeps on you. You want to stop. But now, you are in too deep. Nevermind that, you are afraid of what will happen. You have participated in the torture of defectors from the army. You know what they end up being. Death is better than that.

He stares hard at the wall.

Ely - PM me to get the results of your roll.
    Last edited by DM_Running_Farland_3.5; 05-04-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-04-2009 07:59 AM
    Sense Motive: 1d20 (11)
    05-04-2009 12:17 PM
    Sense Motive: 1d20 (8)
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rana: Hroald, what matters most is that you are on the side of good now. Your past was necessary to make your resolve to abolish the Dark lords as powerful as it is today. You may not be proud of what you have done, but know that youre a valuable asset to our side. The knowledge you posses of them gives us an advantage! Did you have any experiences with any of the other Lords?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hroald -
    I wandered the river basin between the Endless Well and the Arudun River for years. I learned the ways of the semi-nomadic warrior tribes of that wilderness. Most people would not want to settle there. But I'll tell you one thing. There aren't any living dead there, either. The tribes coagulated breifly to destroy that scourge. Lying as it does between two rivers, it is one of the least infested places in Farland.

It was on such a mission that I first heard the name Chobry Von Schultz. And it was on such a mission that first met the man.
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rana(saying this loudly enough for all to hear and trying not to think about what Hroald just said about Chobry because it was slightly sketchy): Hroald, We found evil relics in Ely's home recently and we believe a ceremony was performed there while we were away. It was while Ely's troop were here visiting with Chobry. Only his mother was home, and the next door neighbor saw her wonder off with an object tucked under her clothes as dusk was approaching. The neighbor commented that Ely's mother looked pale. Might you have any insight?
    Last edited by Panthro82; 05-04-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    His brow furrows thoughtfully.
    No. I have none.

He looks at Ely.

Nate, roll Sense Motive again.

p.s.
    That means, add your modifiers in the roll.
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rana: Hroald, You mean Chobry was on the mission with you?(confused, and slightly concerned about who we are dealing with now)(whispers to Ely, We need to keep a very close eye on Chobry)
    * Sense Motive *
    May we speak with the priestess now?
    Last edited by Panthro82; 05-04-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-04-2009 03:17 PM
    Sense Motive: 1d20 (9) + 4 (4) = 13

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chobry? No. As far as I know -and I know more about him than anyone excpet maybe Erline- he never served as a conscript for Sainthith. I met him in the Plains of Aldradin (OUT OF GAME: The wedge of land between the Endless Well and the Arudun River) while fighting by the side of the semi-nomadic tribes living there.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Rana, Hroald stared at Ely, looking as if he pitied him.
    Last edited by DM_Running_Farland_3.5; 05-04-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    The Big.
    The Bad.
    The Ben.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rana: OH! Hroald I missunderstood you. You were helping the nomads AFTER you defected from the sin lord. I didnt mean to question lord Chobry, I just missunderstood the situation. Part of why we are here is to have the priestess help us understand these relics we have and gain insight into what it is we are up against. Ely's mother is a great woman, and we need all the information we can gain in hopes of saving her.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast