Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Anyone Still doing BattleTech?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone Still doing BattleTech?

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Anyone Still doing BattleTech?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Do you remember when you used to grab your 'Mechs and launch a VW Bug at a friend from a PPC Launcher off of an Atlas?

Do you remember when you used to dance in a circle of flames from a friends salvo of rockets off of the IIC Archer?

Do you remember when you laughed your heads off and jumped up and down when you got a crit on a head shot from your friends favorite mech?

I remember those days...so I have to ask...is anyone still doing BattleTech?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no, but I have started using maptools, and realized, HOLY COW, you could play battletech with this.

We never did the RP side of it, but we always had fun playing and making mechs. I still have the mech maker on my PC.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to play in highschool. I had alot of the books, too. Probably still do back home. I would like to but there are so few takers around these parts that it will probably end up a non-starter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HOWEVER, if you want to play, I wouldn't mind maybe setting something up. Maybe set up a sort of tournament

4 players, 5 rds, most confirmed kills wins.

10 ton mechs
    30 ton mechs
    60 ton mechs
    100 ton mechs
    and a 2-mech 100 ton team (two mechs weight add up to 100 tons).

3rd edition inner sphere weapons tech only. Something like that.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am going to put a campaign invite. My sat game died, so this might be a nice filler.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved that game, great fun at conventions. I saw they had put out a 4th edition (same owners of Shadowrun, whom did the same for it as well) I had actually tossed around picking it up, for nostalgia if nothing else.

We played Mechwarrior, Battletech, and used some AerTech. never picked up CityTech, but it was a great game and translated well into the 'video game world' as well without losing its flavor.

Great call on reminding everyone what fun it was...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still play, even though it's only once a year when the college gang gets together for MemDay monkeyfest, and that reminds me, I have a company of House Ma Tsu Kai mechs that I need to paint.

I miss the MUSE/MUSH games of the mid-90s. There was one recently but it got shut down for lack of interest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am trying to get some folks togethor, I have a couple of miniature cases with a couple of squads of archers that was the front line of my behemoths - we never got into the rules much more than the round by round play. I always wanted to get into the rules about shooting as some of these mech's launched or jumped...I have some books but just the basic rules book and tech manuals. I go to GenCon every year so will look into more there.

That reminds me, does anyone remember Star Fleet Battles? I'll start a thread on that too....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Classic Battletech has started to take off again. I wandered back into it when I was exploring a game store in my area for the first time. They are currently releasing a new version as well as updating the setting (some of us older grognards are resisting and sticking with the earlier timeline).

I've got the new boxset, as well as the first 3 new hardcover rulebooks (of 6, IIRC). The 4th book has only been released as a .pdf and I believe the revised RPG will be the 5th book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i loved playing the classic battletech .. some of my friends and me had even rewritten the rules a bit .. to allow 200ton mechs but with slower movement and so forth ...

on the nights we were not playing MtG or D&D . battletech is what we played.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My son and step-son are almost of age and have been itching to play after looking at all my figs for years.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny, I have several of the old mechs on my shelf here. I bought the game and didn't really get into it. My son discovered it and glommed onto it. He played it pretty hard for a couple of years.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there is an RP element, but we only did it for the combat element (as a break from D&D).

I always thought of it as chess with missiles and lasers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Years ago, playing a homebrew RPG, we had a couple of campaigns that were battletech inspired. It worked out quite well. Even though it eventually ended in as close to a total party kill as I've ever been, fun was had by all. That was over 10 years ago now though.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Played a D&D monster test for another DM on Wednesday night. One of the players said he would be interested in a new campaign...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast