Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your alternate, secondary weapon?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    1.) Elf Rogue (Pirate)
    2.) D&D 3e
    3.) Rapier (taken by a giant squid)
    4.) Torch, it was the only thing I had handy.

1.) Gnome Wizard
    2.) D&D 3e - Dragonlance
    3.) Wand of Magic Missile (out of juice)
    4.) Wrench (lt. mace)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reguardlees of class or level, I always remember to bring my towel.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "towelie, your the worst character ever"

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1st edition AD&D, playing a paladin with gauntlets of ogre power and wielding a 2h sword against a horde of skeletons. Fumbled the sword, dropping it into an underground lake. Our magi-user and cleric were downed previously by the evil wizard who controlled the skeletons and all that was between them and the walking dead was me and a dwarven "lord" who had led us into the catacombs but had shown himself a coward in the battle. Since he was the only thing at hand, I grabbed him and pitched him, Colossus-Wolverine-fastball-special-style at the skeletons. The throw actually took out several skeletons and the dwarf lashed out in complete terror with his mace, destroying several more and giving me the chance to lay hands on the cleric who turned the remainder of the horde.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Elgard, Half Elf Archer (Fighter all about the ranged combat.)
    2) D&D 3rd
    3) Comp Long Bow
    4) Longsword and a torch

My party and I were hired guards on a river barge when a call to arms went out during the night. The boat was overrun with zombies and ghouls but they were all too close to use my bow, so I charge in with my longsword. After a couple of rounds, I roll a 1 in which, I lodge my sword into a zombie, without hurting it, but can't pull it out. Going for the next best thing in my little part of the deck, I grab a torch and practically pwn every single monster.
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This didn't happen to me, I was the GM but I thought I'd share anyway.
    1) I don't remember the character's name anymore, or his department, but I remember he was a Snoop
    2) Spycraft 1st Edition
    3) Service Pistol
    4) Fragmentation Grenade

While sneaking around the enemy base, they came across an armory that had been pointed out by control as a good location to stock up on ammo and heavier weapons than they'd started with. They subdued the guards but failed to notice the silent alarm system on the door. So when a strike team came to stop them, a firefight breaks out in the armory.

During the fight, this particular player ran out of bullets (a combination of having a small capacity pistol and the feat to be able to Burst Fire it despite it being a semi-auto), so he asked if there were more around. Based on his location in the armory, I said no, he was surrounded by explosives, not bullet boxes. So he looks at his character sheet for a second, looks up and goes "What about grenades?" "Sure, there's grenades, but you don't have the hurled weapon proficiency so you will take a penalty to throw it." "Oh, I'm not throwing it."

Now, Spycraft used to have a Hobby skill, though the mechanic has changed in 2nd Ed (for the better, imo). The Snoop had Hobby (Bowling) maxed out.

"I'm going to bowl the grenade." It amused me, so I went with it, saying he'd have to use his Bowling Skill to roll against double the troops normal AC. This meant he had to roll above like a 17 or 18 or else the grenade would deviate.

...Nat 20. 3 dead enemies.
    Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
    Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1.) Hengorot Sings-in-Sorrow (Get of Fenris)
    2.) Werewolf: the Apocalypse
    3.) Baseball bat
    4.) Stop Sign.

Fighting three vampires. The baseball bat broke over the first one's head. Tried to stake the second but failed. So, he ripped a stop sign out of the ground and used both ends. The sign itself as a kind of axe, and the cement chunk end as a club.
    "Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine who was in a 3.5 campaign that I wasn't a part of wound up running out of gold before he thought to buy a weapon, so he never had a primary weapon. He took quick draw as one of his feats and actually wound up killing more bad guys by quick drawing random stuff than the other PCs could with their weapons. The story I keep hearing is that all three of the other PC's had missed this one guy with their swords and arrows and such, and my friend quick drew a tea cup, threw it at the bad guy, and managed to triple crit him. Killed. One shot. Tea cup. AWESOMENESS!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Drognan Human Level 5 Kensai / 5 Monk
    3rd Edition D&D
    Fists. They were severed by an orc's axe who just hit my AC and rolled low damage. Only after that did the DM realize I had no weapon, so he allowed me to treat my head as my weapon and considered it my specialty for that combat. He even increased my damage dice from my fists to appologize. From then on, my head became my primary weapon, but I did make a point to regrow my hands...

Downloads
    Uploads
    3.5 D&D.
    4th level Barbarian/Fighter named Salem.

He was an unarmed fighter, and we were trucking around in a duregar infested dungeon. We had just finished mapping out a bunch of spike traps that surrounded the pedastal with an object we wanted, when somehow we tripped an alarm and a bunch of duregar came rushing in. Salem got creative and began pro-wrestler suplexing duregar onto the traps, and 'spiking' them like footballs. No sooner would they touch the tile than they were impaled by a huge spike through their chest and held off the ground screaming and gurgling.

All the duregar ran away after he did it for the third time. I think it was supposed to be an encounter where we were going to get captured but the DM decided that it was too intimidating to have a 6'8" pro-wrestler body slamming their friends onto spike traps with fatal results every 6 seconds.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confessions of a militia poleman

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon View Post
    So everyone, please share with us
    1) Your character, and class
    2) Which rpg, and edition, if applicable
    3) Your primary weapon that you lost
    4) Your alternate, secondary weapon/s
    "...split right in half, it did! Klaus, who was shieldin' me, says I was trying to chop the 'man's head off. With a spear!? Well yes, I'm sure that's why it broke. So anyway, our man-at-arms was still waitin' to get the gold to replace our last round of broken battle axes. So what do I reach for, there in the thick of battle, with Klaus and me mates warrin' all around me? A hammer. A hammer! I know! So's I could finish the bashin' job I started me spear! Well, I've got this - and this," motions to bodily scars, "to show for it. But I'm tossin' one back with you now, eh?"

1) Egbi, dwarf warrior
    2) D&D 3.5
    3) Longspear
    4) Battle axe (light hammer)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Adapt, improvise and overcome

Thug Life man... sure a knife's mean man, and you can conceal it, and its real personal man.... but sometimes you lose it, sometimes you gotta grab or go down, and the knife gets dropped... but not with "super sap"! I saw this guy wrap a pool ball in a towel and eff-up all these dudes. So now, i gots me a little nest, tied to my wrist, with a nice round chunk of marble in it man... what the s**t hits the fan, its up my sleeve and i just fill it with whats near - unless i got my pretty white marble on me - load that bad boy up and last man standing is the name of the game.

[Yea, i saw it in a Steven Segal film... so what!? Its pretty handy for a thug!]

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Micheal the Red Fighter
    DnD 1e
    Bastard Sword got hung up in a dragon's ribcage due to a crit
    picked up a scepter and finished beating the dragon to death, after that purchased short sword a a back up

BreK thief
    DnD 1e
    used a short sword until it got taken away by the city guard then he used a rope with a 1 pound stone tied to the end.
    Never trust a smiling GM, that's when they're dangerous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Alister, Bard
    2) D&D 3ed
    3) Dropped my rapier and I forgot to pick it back up
    4) A log of cheese - which I seemed to roll an incredible amount of critical hits with. The DM ruled that it could do 1d4 subdual damage, of course when you crit it can actually knock out orcs!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Big Iron Vault Magazine now online! www.bigironvault.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Cadogan, human rogue/fighter
    2) D&D, bastardized 1e/3x/PfRPG mashup
    3) Masterwork rapier
    4) +1 dagger

Rapier was sundered, and we were involved in a scenario that had little in the way of weapon wielding opponents. The dagger worked out for the best, however, as some of our foes had dr/magic...
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast