Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Brain Break

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Brain Break

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    As a stay at home dad I have lots of time so I decided to take a class. It has been 21 yrs since I was last in a class so I started from the beging and took my placement test. It looked good so I am taking English Compostion 1. I like to write and have a good abbilioty to communicate my ideas and I am doing well. But now its down to the last essay. Its a reserach essay and all night I have been reading Euthanasia articles on the computer. After al this death I just need a break.

Something non death like frogs dancing on rainbows with lollypops.....ahhhhhhhhh

Anyone else gone back to school or in school and can't wait til the semester is over?
    Magic is not for parlor tricks.- Sparrow, Second Degree Master

Fragile Things, another slice of forums: http://fragilethings.fr.yuku.com

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have, and i am glad i chose to do so. Although, i will admit, i wish i would have stuck with when i was young...er, and therefore been done with it. How's that for honesty?
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    this quarter i am Taking only four classes, but they all have a lot fo stuff involved in them.. So much that i had to drop my one game during the week so i can get everything done.
    But i'm taking a Quickdraw class- which is the fundamentals of concept design, Background design and layout, a matte painting class, and a creative writing class where i am trying to finish a shrot novel in 3 months. Lots of work for only four classes.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

You have my sympathies, jade von delioch. Best of luck to you in all endeavors. What's your novel about, btw?

This summer, on top of my MBA, i'm going to take math, and perhaps a language class or two. It wont be fun, but it will be worth the effort.

On the other hand, i have been offered by family to hang out in Corpus and spend many a day at Padre Island for the summer. Oh, the temptation is pretty great.

Now where did i lay my magic 8 ball of prognostication? I need to shake it and find out which course of action i should take. It really is the only way to find the right decision.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 04-24-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    The novel is a Modern fantasy, kind of a mix between Neverwhere and The Dresden Files. Its based on a Game concept that i have sitting on the back burner for now.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man, that sounds cool. Any chance you'll share it with your brothers and sisters on P&PG? I can only ask. Great blog idea, btw...hint hint.

Downloads
    Uploads
    we'll see if i can get a excert or something together and post it later.
    -Tesral

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jade von delioch View Post
    we'll see if i can get a excert or something together and post it later.
    That's great news, jade von delioch. I'm looking forward to perusing said novel. Keep an eye out for an upcoming blog of mine, for you may find it of some interest. Also, take a gander at my current blog, for that my strike your interest, as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a peek at what i am working on. This has barely been edited and is still in the early rough stage. This takes place in the 3 or 4th chapter and starts where the characters are currently trying to get to a safe location, but in order to do so they have to travel into the unknown first. Enjoy!

The pixie light revealed a brick tunnel that slopped gently downward. The air was musky with the scent of damp earth and the floor was slick with slimy moss.
    “Watch your step,” cautioned Fergus, “We don’t need you breaking your head open.”
    “Yah, I’ll try my best not to inconvenience you.” Jack placed his hands to either side of the tunnel to help stabilize him and took each step with care, placing one foot at a time. “Well, lead the way I’ll try my best to keep up.” Fergus nodded and started down the tunnel, not going too fast for the mortal. But unbeknownst to Jack it was more out of his own fear of slipping than for Jack; he just wouldn’t want to admit it. If he did it might ruin the boy’s good opinion of him.
    They travelled this way for several minutes until the tunnel spilled out into another chamber that was shaped like a hexagon. On each wall was an archway like the one they passed through leading elsewhere into this hidden place. Jack wiped his hands on his pants to remove some of the tunnel’s grime. He had almost fallen several times while traveling down the tunnel and only stayed on his feet through sheer will.
    “I’ve never been down this way before,” remarked Pip.
    “Neither have I”, replied Fergus.
    “Are you telling me that you don’t know where you are going?” Jack did not like the idea of being stuck down here. The shadows in the passages around them became a bit darker.
    “Well, I have been to the place we are heading, but I have never traveled this way before.” Fergus looked around at the tunnels mumbling about how they should have signs down here before pulling a compass out of his pocket. “I guess we will have to do this the hard way. Now if my reckoning is correct then we should travel from this point towards the northwest. It should only be a few blocks away.”
    “Wendell?” Pip called. Wendell was pulling on something that was stuck in the earthen floor of the chamber that had caught his eye. He stopped when he heard his name and turned towards his cousin with a quipped eyebrow, and with the object still in hand.
    “Ah, Wendell, what do you have there?” asked Jack as he stared at the ring that was attached to a pale white finger. “Fergus!”
    “I see it,” replied Fergus. “Pip, get your cousin and lets go before whatever did that comes and finds us.” Fergus looked down at his compass in the Pixie light to quickly gage which direction would be the best to try. “That way,” Fergus pointed to what he saw as the northwestern passage. Jack, shaken by what he just saw, hurried to the entrance but stopped in his tracks when he got just within the archway. His eyes began to water as he brought up his hand to cover the lower half of his face. The stench that drifted from this tunnel was the worst that he had ever smelled. He took a step back trying to keep from throwing up and by doing so bumped into Fergus who was still looking at his compass.
    “Ahh, it stinks so badly down there! Are you sure this is the right way to go Fergus?” The two pixies floated to the Northwest archway and then turned away with Pip pulling his sword away from his sheath.
    “Ogre!” Pip announced with a spat. Fergus’s eyes got wide and began to search franticly for another way for them to go.
    “This way,” Fergus cried as he ran pass the North Archway with both pixies and Jack in tow. Jack ran along trying to keep up to the three fey, his heart beating faster and faster as fear tried to grip him. All of his senses were alert now to the possible danger and death that could lie around every turn. The darkness at the edge of the pixie light seemed to become more threatening and to close in upon them as them ran; none knowing where they would come out. Then there was a new sound from behind them. At first Jack thought that the sound was his imagination until it made a low hungry sound that vibrated though Jack’s bones. Then the smell that was in the other passage began to slowly creep up on them. The Ogre was following them and was not far behind.
    “Fergus!?” Jack cried as he tried to gain more speed.
    “I know. Just Keep Running!” Fergus replied. His stumpy legs moving faster than Jack would have ever imagined.
    -Tesral

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep it coming. I'm hooked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the support.
    Last edited by jade von delioch; 05-07-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    -Tesral

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    looks pretty good how about a little cast of charecters?
    Magic is not for parlor tricks.- Sparrow, Second Degree Master

Fragile Things, another slice of forums: http://fragilethings.fr.yuku.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Lets see, what can i say that wont give to much away:

Jack- Pizza Delivery boy who goes to school at PCC in Portland Oregon.
    Fergus- A Cluricaun who is helping Jack after Jack finds himself being chased after by an agent of the unseelie court.
    Pip and Wendell: two pixies who work with Fergus on accasion. These two are the reason why Jack finds himself in this situation to begin with.
    -Tesral

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah! I <3 fics Hope you don't mind if I read with a critical eye (I often can't help myself). There was really only one bit that bugged me:
    At first Jack thought that the sound was his imagination until it made a low hungry sound that vibrated though Jack’s bones.
    This repetition of "sound" is a little awkward here. Might change the second half of the sentence to "until a low, hungry rumble vibrated through Jack's bones." or somesuch.

Also, moar!
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good call!
    Ya, this is still really rough, but as far as a teaser goes i thought this point in the story would be the best to post. I tend not to catch some of these until i go back and dig in and add more depth to what is there already. Plus, i think my wife (my live in editor) had as of yet to read over this she is much better at catching these things.
    Thanks for the help.
    -Tesral