Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Which StarWars character do you identify with?

Downloads
    Uploads

Which StarWars character do you identify with?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Well, I saw the threads with the quizzes, and they got me thinking. The problem with those quizzes is there are so many characters in the starwars universe that no single programmed quiz could ever possibly hope to give the best match, so here's my idea.

Post which star wars character you feel the most connected to, that you would be if you could choose to be any starwars character.

To make things more interesting, try to avoid doubling up a character, if a char has been taken, try to come up with an alternative (Feel free to note your primary choice as well of course.)

For the purpose of this little discussion, any starwars character ever is fair game, if it had an independent personality (even droids, psychic planets, etc) it's an open choice.

Oh, and one more thing. Tell us why you feel tied to the character, a few traits you share, etc.
    Masaru Academy, a roleplaying experience you'll never forget.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Darth Maul, definitely. Great thread addition, btw. Please do it with my other 3 questionnaire threads.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, will do. Care to throw us a few details of why you feel attached to Darth Maul? (I'm saving my turn for after a few people, I threw the thread up, I'm giving a fair chance for my first choice to be called.)

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian-Sunaka View Post
    Lol, will do. Care to throw us a few details of why you feel attached to Darth Maul? (I'm saving my turn for after a few people, I threw the thread up, I'm giving a fair chance for my first choice to be called.)
    Please do, and soon. I'm looking forward to participating in them. You get points credit for them, btw.

I chose Darth Maul for i am also a big perfectionist martial arts nut, pilot, and... well that's all i'm willing to admit to at this time. Even though i work extemely well in groups, i find myself equally comfortable working alone, for if you need a job done right, alone may be the best choice.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 04-23-2009 at 02:26 PM.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    LMAO, nicely done my friend, nicely done. Btw, for the record, I've already got them up, I'm curious what you have to say for the StarTrek one, though regretably I know absolutely nothing about Firefly.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian-Sunaka View Post
    LMAO, nicely done my friend, nicely done. Btw, for the record, I've already got them up, I'm curious what you have to say for the StarTrek one, though regretably I know absolutely nothing about Firefly.
    I scored for Capt. Mal. We are a lot alike, him and i. You gotta check out the series. Simply incredible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got tired of waiting and giving other people a chance lol, so I'm going to go ahead and lay mine out there.

Without a doubt my closest bond in the starwars universe is Darth Caedus, Jason Solo after he turned to the dark side in his early-mid thirties (don't remember exactly when)

He had a strong, good heart and was committed to making the galaxy a better place, for everyone, but especially for his daughter and her mother, and was willing to do anything and everything in his power to make it happen. He didn't seek power for it's own sake, and unlike his grandfather he wasn't consumed in search of it, but rather he masterred it and used it to bring peace to the galaxy once more.

That's me, committed, devoted, loving, and generally kind, yet focused on becoming as powerful as I need to be to protect those I care for by any means necessary. (yes I know this walks a close line with Anakin Skywalker lol)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Darth Vader easily, I'm sure all of you know who he is and his story. He had good intentions, but soon faded to the dark side. However no matter how evil he became he ultimately had hope deeply embedded in him, and in the end no matter his choices or believes he was still capable of carrying out his original intentions for good.

I sometimes find myself choosing not the best or most honorable choices, but in me I know what I am capable of and know that ultimately my intentions were good, but unlike Darth Vader I don't know where I'll stand in the end.
    Let them hail the hollow one Bow before the damned Forge ahead into the night Forget the lessons of the past Follow the lead to failure Relinquish and pay no mind....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a great thread! I honestly would have to say I am most like Count Dooku. Initially he fights on the side of good. He excells and is incredibly powerful, with only the best intentions in mind. Then he sees things happen around him and becomes dissillusioned and aggitated by the lack of effort by the Jedi and the Republic to help those in need. He acts on his emotions and rebels against the Jedi and the Republic by turning to the dark side. He is a character that is so conflicted with good and evil all the time, that you see glimpses of each quite often. Eventually he creates his own brand of justice within himself that doesnt answer to either side of the force(which is part of the reason why he is set up and killed). He did horribly evil and sinister things, but he also did great things. Sadly he is only remembered for the evil..(My 2nd choice would have been Yoda because of his clairvoyance, wisdom, and calm under the most extremes of pressure)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had to think for a while about this one, but in the end, it's Kenobi. I don't know much about him, but I remember reading he was a late bloomer that had trouble controlling his emotions in his youth but was able to focus that and pick an honorable path forward. His relationships with Quigon Jinn, Anakin and Luke were deep and abiding and he had a light-hearted sense of humor with them. Though it broke his heart to do it, he kept to the light side even when it meant hurting his friend, losing everyone he knew, living alone for years and sacrificing himself. That kind of integrity is something I strive to have in my own life.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Qui Gon Jinn. My longest Star Wars character, from WEG d6 edition, had very many of the same approaches to the Force that Qui Gon had. Qui Gon was sort of a maverick as far as how he approached the council. Plus, he wasn't above doing things like...jumping down to follow Darth Maul to the ledge below and attempt to ignite his lightsaber into Darth Maul as he lands over him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As big of a fan of the Empire as I am and especially the Inquisitors, particularly Tremayne, I would say I more closely identify with Luke Skywalker.

He comes from humble beginnings and struggles against impossible odds and internal turmoil yet doesn't, in the end, stray from his path too much. He is completely devoted to his friends and fights for what he believes in, yet is compassionate and caring for others. I can really relate to that.

He is the reason why Episode VI remains my personal favorite out of the 7 movies.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (Bah, Old Ben's taken already; outta my head, GoddessGood~! :P)

Mara Jade, during the Talon Karrde years: lots of skills, knowledge and little idea of how she knows 'em; I can totally identify with that Plus the snark. Oh, the snark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It may sound rather trite, but I identify readily with Luke because he always struggles with the Dark side....