Rather than listing the current book or comic book you're reading, I'd like everyone to list your favorite, most memorable, most worthy reads, no matter what the genre, as suggestions for others on this site to read.
We all have our favorite reads in our personal libraries, so now is your time to recommend books, and other reading material to the rest of us.... and be sure to tell us why your favorite book, comic, or whatever, earned its place in your library.
I was inspired by a thread found elsewhere, and being a voracious reader, am always looking for good reading suggestions.
Remember folks... any genre.
1) The Lost Horizon, by James Hilton. If you've ever heard the term Shangri-La, where inhabitants enjoy unheard-of longevity, then now you know where it came from. The book is a page turner and a quick one day read, but the magic found within will stay with you for the rest of your days.
2) The Razors Edge, by W. Somerset Maugham. Another wonderful book that will last you the rest of your days. It is about a WWI pilot, Larry Darrell, traumatized by his experience, commences on a journey to find the meaning of his life.
3) The Blackhearts Omnibus, by Nathan Long. A great series of stories that left me longing for more. I do sincerely hope the author continues with the series. Here's the product description from Amazon: Under threat of death for their crimes, Reiner and his companions are forced to carry out the most desperate and suicidal secret missions, all for the good of the Empire. Chaos cultists, ratmen, dark elves, rogue army commanders and more - time and again the Blackhearts are pitted against impossible odds and survive - yet what they most what is their freedom.
4) Collision Course, by Robert Silverberg. Memorable little yarn about humans, space travel, aliens, and a humbling experience. Definitely a memorable read.
5) The Complete Chronicles of Conan, by Robert E. Howard. Every fan of swords and sorcery fiction should read these books.
What share you?