- Willing to Travel:
- 10 miles
- Availability (Days):
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Availability (Times):
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Monthly - 2 games per month.
- Preferred Genres:
- Fantasy, Science Fiction / Futuristic, Space Opera
- Favorite RPGs:
- Gaming Worlds:
- I typically create my own. But rich, detailed settings like Ptolus or Castle Zagyg are tempting.
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Medium Groups (Between 4 and 6 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- Right now I'm recruiting for an extended community of players for an old school style game. While not restricted to dungeon crawling, each session will start with that evening's characters gathered in 'ye old inn' to make their trouble. As multiple sessions will happen each week with two DMs, the players can read the exploits and rumors of other parties on the blog of the campaign wiki.
You can see that wiki at: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/oxtales/adventure-log
I started playing D&D in 1978. At some point in college I set it aside, but now I'm returning to gaming as a pastime. While I DM'd 3.5 for an extended period and have enjoyed sessions of 4th edition, I prefer rules light, old school role playing.
I've always wanted to play Traveler and Firefly has rekindled that particular fantasy. Take me out, into the black, tell me I ain't coming back....
- No one believes I'm 40. Is that a good thing?
I played way back in the days of 1st edition and then didn't play for quite a long time, but my current enjoyment of roleplaying is far more than nostalgia.
My current group makes a social event of our biweekly game. We eat together and have a couple of bottles of wine (but not to excess.) I'd like to think that the games I run have a certain amount of depth but I'm all for fun and laughs too.
When we started, I told them that there would rarely be a game where they didn't roll a d20 but that it would also be a rare game when they weren't called upon to talk in character. I think that's been true.
One more thing: I don't want to give the impression that I'm uptight, but I would like a group free of sexism or homophobia. Just sayin'.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 02-10-2009 01:12 AM
- Last Activity
- 05-12-2013 05:55 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1