- Kansas City
- United States
- Willing to Travel:
- 5 miles
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Restricted or Variable Schedule
- Preferred Genres:
- Dark Future, Fantasy, Horror, Modern, Post Apocalyptic, Science Fiction / Futuristic, Space Opera
- Favorite RPGs:
- Shadowrun, 3.5 D&D, World of Darkness, and Call of Cthulhu
- Gaming Worlds:
- Doesn't matter to me
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Small Groups (Between 2 and 3 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to Pen and Paper gaming but I have some experience with the d20 system and am familiar with the d10 system. I'm really into the darker settings when it comes to games. Something post-apocalyptic or similar themes I find the most interesting but I'm up for playing in nearly any setting. When it comes to actually playing the game I prefer roleplay to combat (but nothing to in-depth such as having a genealogy for my character outside of his immediate relatives if any). I also like it when DMs/GMs put some flair into describing combat when it occurs (I hate hearing... "Oh you do 24 damage" and that's all. It's boring.) I don't really have a preference for any particular campaigns when it comes to playing particular games but that's mostly due to my inexperience. Most of all the game has to be fun. I hate when I sit down to play a character that everybody rags on just because it isn't min/maxxed to fit that particular setting.
One condition I have for any game however is this: I can not play with any person who subscribes to the grouping known as the Furries. They intensely grate my nerves and try as I might, I just can't stomach being near them. I don't mind people playing as anthropomorphic creatures but if they act in a manner such as to be like their 'fursona' then I can not continue interaction with them. My reasons for intolerance of them are personally and not open for discussion.
- I'm currently going to college and trying to find a job right now so I'm not really open to any new games besides my regular ones right now but I hope to open up my schedule within the next few months. If you you're interested in having me in your campaign you can shoot me a message and we'll try to figure something out.
Anyways, about myself. I consider myself a cyberpunk enthusiast so I'm way into sci-fi. My favorite literary works are by William Gibson, Franz Kafka, H.P. Lovecraft, and Terry Pratchett. Anything technology related usually piques my curiosity. I also have interests in a wide range of music concentrating on metal, reggae, rock, and more recently electro. I also have an interest in human rights and various philosophical subjects. I also have a minor interest in politics.
So far the only games I have experience with are 3.5 and 4.0 editions of Dungeons and Dragons however, I do have knowledge of Witchcraft, World of Darkness with it's supplements, and Shadowrun, and I also am interested in learning Call of Cthulhu. I've also played many of the videogames related to the Pen and Paper versions if it helps at all.
Finally, I've been playing D&D once every 2-3 weeks for the last year and a half so I'm still kind of inexperienced with it but I do know many of the terms associated with it and have some insight into the little oddities in it (Pun-Pun anybody?)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 01-08-2009 11:40 PM
- Join Date