- Willing to Travel:
- 10 miles
- Availability (Days):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- Availability (Times):
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Monthly - 3 or more games per month.
- Preferred Genres:
- Fantasy, Horror
- Favorite RPGs:
- Dungeons & Dragons 1st & 2nd ed
- Gaming Worlds:
- Greyhawk, Custom
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Medium Groups (Between 4 and 6 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- After breaking for 2 years following the birth of my son it is past time to hit the adventures again. This restart takes place after the previous epic and will consist of a more modular campaign. While it is one consistent timeline the individual adventures will be completed in 1-3 game sessions ideally.
The game itself is a three way joining of first edition, second edition and my own home brew additions. It is a well rounded campaign with more of a role-play base than dice management, but not short on combat.
I have played and DM'd since the early 80’s. After Gary Gygax died, I decided it was time to rekindle the torch, break out the books and play again. The last D&D game I ran lasted for five years, only ending because I moved away from the East coast.
To honor Gary, we are playing in The World of Greyhawk setting. But it is a custom campaign that is not based on published modules.
Each player should play a character race and class of their choosing that really resonates with them, not what the group "needs" or might be "missing" from a typical party make up. I scale and tailor things to meet the needs of the group.
My games are mature in nature, and tend to test the psychological fortitude of the characters and the players as well. Evil is intelligent and typically not something easily vanquished the first time around. All is never what it seems with danger and or shock and surprise is discovered in the least likely of places.
- Real Name:
- Dave W
- I have played and GM'd all manner of table top RPGs since the early 80's. From Dungeons & Dragons to Champions to Gamma World to World of Darkness to Cthulhu.
Board games I enjoy include, Axis and Allies, Civ, Talisman and Titan. A quick game of Munchkin is always a good time too.
I stopped playing for four years after moving across the country, and after Gary Gygax passed, I dusted off my books and recruited players to play again. This is one of life's greatest joys and I do not want to be parted from it again.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 02-16-2012 02:49 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1