Badges and Icons
- My Icon:
- United States
- Willing to Travel:
- 20 miles
- Availability (Days):
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Availability (Times):
- Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Monthly - 3 or more games per month.
- Preferred Genres:
- Dark Future, Fantasy, Horror, Modern, Post Apocalyptic, Super Heroic
- Favorite RPGs:
- Call of Cthulhu, Hero System, Ars Magica
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Medium Groups (Between 4 and 6 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- Call of Cthulhu to either GM or play. Possibly instead play in Pulp Hero or some other Hero System setting. Other systems like Ars Magica or Dogs in the Vineyard seem interesting. Also interested in oddball stuff like Oz the Dark and Terrible. Role-playing is really my focus over combat, though up to 25% combat is fine. Would like to hang with grown-up players of any age, as long as they are reasonably mature.
Really not interested in D&D, especially not 4th edition. A bit burnt out on straight SF, but will doubtless go there again some day.
Games with strong themes and stories, featuring investigation, negotiation and moral dilemmas are particularly interesting to me; hack and slash, not so much. That doesn't mean there's no combat, but that it's not the primary way to deal with things, or only resorted to with sufficient knowledge and understanding.
As a GM or a player, I'm interested in people with an interest in actual role-playing and developing an engrossing story. As a GM, I'd try to assemble a group with some degree of gender balance rather than an overwhelmingly male group. I welcome diversity of race and gender preference as well.
- Real Name:
- 46 years old. Played and GM'd on and off for many years in many game systems. Co-designed a fantasy RPG system in high school... for high school credit! Designed the clues used in "Complete Masks of Nyarlathotep" for Call of Cthulhu. Professional font geek.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 03-11-2012 06:35 AM
- Join Date