Badges and Icons
- My Icon:
- United States
- Willing to Travel:
- 15 miles
- Availability (Days):
- Monday, Sunday
- Availability (Times):
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Weekly - Once per week
- Preferred Genres:
- Dark Future, Fantasy, Horror, Post Apocalyptic, Science Fiction / Futuristic, Super Heroic
- Favorite RPGs:
- FATE,Burning Wheel, Dungeon Crawl Classics,Monsterhearts,DW
- Gaming Worlds:
- Mostly homebrew settings,but I'll play in anything that's interesting and that responds to player choice.
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Medium Groups (Between 4 and 6 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- I'm currently looking for a group to GM for, or a well-established and consistent gaming group to join. I'm flexible as to genre but prefer games that are player-driven, with mechanics that help that happen and that give players and their characters a stake in both the setting and the story being woven around the table.
Anyone who's looking to play in (or run) a game where the GM shepherds their players through their pet plot should look elsewhere. I despise railroading, do not fudge, and don't screw around with my players or try to "beat" them.
In other words, to use Vincent Baker's immortal words from Apocalypse World I "Play to find out what happens next." Here's hoping that I can find other folks to do that with, and explore incredible characters and worlds in the process.
I'm also an avid game designer, with one game already having been Kickstarted (Fear The Living, a zombie apocalypse RPG) and several more in development. While I'll never force it, I'm always looking for willing test subjects/guinea pigs for me to test out beta and alpha versions of the various games I come up with. Not to mention stress-testing and spreading the word about my more polished efforts. Including Fear The Living. Because who doesn't want an RPG that captures all the drama and fun of the Walking Dead?
I'm also currently working on:
Blood and Parchment (Play as an evil sorcerous overlord with an army of foul minions, a tower full of devilish traps, and of course lots of fell s
- Real Name:
- John Jessop
- I'm 26 years old with a wonderful wife who's more than tolerant of my geeky hobbies, an adorable 2 1/2 year-old that I hope to indoctrinate into the hobby when his time comes, and a tabletop game of my own that just finished getting Kickstarted (Fear The Living). I myself am a stay-at-home dad at this point in time, but will be attending Massage Therapy school next year to get my certificate (because we all know that a family cannot live on game design alone).
I'm a pretty laid-back guy, and more than willing to host games, feed players, etc. so long as everyone pitches in now and again. My gaming philosophy can best be summed up as "it's everyone's job to have fun, and if someone's not having fun it's everyone's job to help that person out". To that end, I tend to try to be there for people in my group so if anyone needs anything (a ride, a listening ear, a loaned book, more mountain dew) I'm happy to oblige within reason. After all, if I feel like I can game with a person, then I feel like I can be their friend.
Other than geeking out with video games and RPGs, I love watching movies, reading, writing (poetry, short stories, and a homebrew rpg), working out, cooking/baking (more than willing to feed people when I'm hosting), and hanging out with friends.
I've got over 14 years of RPG experience, but recently haven't been able to game much having moved away from all of my gamer friends a while back. We still play via Skype and Infrno, but it's a far cry from the camaraderie, tactics, and drama that you can get when you're all crouched around the same table watching the dice fall. That's what I miss the most. That, and the mutual creation of incredible stories that goes on.
When I'm able to, I like playing once every week or so, but would be cool with playing more (if I can fit it into my schedule) or less (if I have to). I've played a pretty wide selection of different games, and I'm always looking to add more to my repertoire:
D&D (3.0, 3.5, and 4th edition)
Shadowrun (3rd and 4th edition)
Mutants and Masterminds
Dresden Files RPG
Dungeon World (My go-to for high-stakes heroic fantasy)
Dungeon Crawl Classics (My go-to for gritty "fantasy ****ing vietnam" old school play)
Fear The Living (My own zombie apocalypse game that just finished Kickstarting)
Monsterhearts (I love this game like the twisted little psychic child I never had)
The New World of Darkness
Burning Wheel (My go to for fantasy-based blood opera and similar "gritty meets awesome" stories.)
Paranoia (just one game, but it was amazing)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 12-09-2014 12:48 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 5 of 5