Badges and Icons
- My Icon:
- West Jordan
- Willing to Travel:
- 15 miles
- Availability (Days):
- Friday, Saturday
- Availability (Times):
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Restricted or Variable Schedule
- Preferred Genres:
- Fantasy, Science Fiction / Futuristic, Space Opera, Strategic (Miniatures), Super Heroic
- Favorite RPGs:
- D&D, Gurps, Marvel, Rolemaster, Amber, Palladium, +more.
- Gaming Worlds:
- Greyhawk & variant, Star Frontiers, Heroic custom
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Medium Groups (Between 4 and 6 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- As both a player or gm, I look for people with fairly high ethical and moral standards. I look for ones whose belief in something is strong enough to change their actions. I look for daily effort at success and remorse with renewed commitment at failure in those beliefs. Those beliefs need not necessarily be the same as my own, but I do look for as strongly held. It is people like these, whom in my personal experiences, are the most rewarding people to play with in game, and to know in life.
- Real Name:
- nijineko prismaticpsion
- ...two strange quarks short of a graviton.
nijineko the gm
. nijineko the player
; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik
: the best
dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Albums
- Total Photos
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 04-27-2009 12:08 AM
- Last Activity
- 07-17-2014 09:31 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 55
View nijineko's Blog
on 10-09-2012 at 12:06 AM
A cat like me sees a lot of things sitting in odd corners. Few sentients pay attention to cats, unless we are making noise, or are trying to communicate on the move. Over the years, I have collected a number of interesting odds and ends. I once tried giving away a bunch of them, but it turned out that the operation of the various and sundry proved so complex, that it did not work out well for the poor recipient.
So I thought I would give some of them away one at a time. Drop me a line,
on 07-22-2011 at 01:29 AM
Unless specified otherwise on a per campaign basis, character generation uses the following method (please see further requirements at the end of this post):
4d6, drop lowest die, generate column of six stats.
Repeat twice more, generating two more columns.
No switching numbers between columns.
Pick best column.
Assign numbers from chosen column to stats as you see fit.
Apply racial / template / etc., adjustments.
on 01-07-2010 at 02:45 PM
happy new year's, everyone. i'm logging in from work during lunch to drop a quick global update for everyone.
first off, resolutions. mine is exercise. which translates to wii sports (boxing, as it uses both arms) and bike riding with the family. =D what is everyone else doing, assuming you made any?
second off, to my players and game masters... i am still alive, but will be mostly offline for long periods of time. even email will be slow to get to me. to the point that
on 08-01-2009 at 05:36 PM
For general clarification, here is a list of things that are generally allowed, individual campaigns may vary...:
Chapter one: all.
Chapter two: all but the prestige versions of bard, paladin, and ranger; the gestalt characters (unless and until i run a gestalt campaign, that is), and the generic characters.
Chapter three: character traits, flaws, and spelltouched feats.
Chapter four: action points.
on 06-26-2009 at 03:00 PM
classes, prestige, and races from allowed materials are all acceptable. when selecting a race that has an ecl, it must total less than the level limit for the campaign in question, whatever that may be. picking a race that does not have an ecl or racial class equivalent might fall under the 'i want to pick...' post, and will certainly require close work with me to come up with the ecl. if the final ecl calculation (using the rules and suggestions in savage species) is under the level limit for that