World of Darkness, Dungeons & Dragons and independent games
Preferred Playing Style:
75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Ideal Group Size:
Medium Groups (Between 4 and 6 players)
What are you looking for?:
I prefer to game with mature and adult role players. Not looking for Hack'n Slash groups or games that feel like a tabletop video game. If I'm a player, I'd like to know the GM knows what he/she is doing and has made some effort to craft a session for their players (that bored look in my eye is me dreaming of exiting your game). If you're the GM, you call the shots. But PLEASE be respectful of players! When I am GMing/Storytelling, I run story/character driven games. Which means "interesting characters" over "characterz with kewl powerz". I am not Burger King, you can't always have it "your way". And just to reiterate my point here are my peeves in list form:
Things not to bring to my gaming session:
1. Your bad hygiene.
2. Your marital or relationship issues.
3. Your asshole attitude (unless of course you’re intentionally roleplaying an asshole character).
4. Your inability to be a functional human in society or around a table.
5. Your religious zealotry or anti-religious snarkiness. Just agree to disagree. It’s that simple.
6. Your infinite knowledge of the rules that require you interrupt everyone else’s fun so you can quote a rule in the book (only to be wrong about it).
7. Your desire to stop the game every 3 minutes so we can hear your anecdotes that have no relevance to anyone but you.
8. Your inability to contribute. If the NPC's are more interesting than you, stay home.