Badges and Icons
- My Icon:
- Willing to Travel:
- 30 miles
- Availability (Days):
- Availability (Times):
- Afternoons, Evenings
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Weekly - Once per week
- Preferred Genres:
- Dark Future, Fantasy, Modern, Post Apocalyptic, Science Fiction / Futuristic, Space Opera
- Favorite RPGs:
- Gaming Worlds:
- Forgotten Realms
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Small Groups (Between 2 and 3 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- As a player and a GM, I enjoy any game that has more than just hack-slash. Games where your character is more than just numbers on a sheet. Games where you play a barbarian because you want to play a barbarian, not because the barbarian does more damage per attack, etc...
I'm not saying that you shouldn't maximize your character to accomplish a specific task (i.e. combat), but I think you should put as much, if not more, effort into your character's background/bio. I prefer rare magic, where a +1 weapon is a nice item indeed!
I am tired of classes and levels. I am tired of wasting my energy learning new systems only to switch to a new system next week. I'm tired of rerolling characters every few weeks as well. I'm committed to playing/GMing a game that takes me (or the characters I GM for) through the levels of a grand adventure/campaign.
To get an insight to how I want to play/run a game, read the old description of the last campaign I ran for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. http://liquidmateria.info/wiki/Terra_Novos
We have adopted GURPS and are loving it!
- Real Name:
- I'm 35, single father of 2, and have been playing table-tops for nearly 20 years. The kids keep me busy, and scheduling is tough, but if I have something planned ahead, then I'll be ok.
The first game I ever played I was elected the DM. The veterans were all tired of running games and I had been reading the AD&D2 DMG, so I said what the heck. It was a horrible game, but we had fun. I learned alot. I've been switching between playing and DMing ever since.
My work schedule is hectic and ever-changing, but if I can find a time that works I can remove it from my availability so I will have it free.
I am interested in running a classless/leveless game. The older I get, the more I despise class/level based systems.
I work, take care of kids, and am in need of a distraction.
I have a fantasy game I am running on Saturdays, using the GURPS ruleset.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 05-12-2013 08:05 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 5 of 5