Badges and Icons
- My Icon:
- South San Francisco
- Willing to Travel:
- 30 miles
- Availability (Days):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Availability (Times):
- Afternoons, Evenings
- Desired Gaming Frequency:
- Monthly - 3 or more games per month.
- Preferred Genres:
- Dark Future, Fantasy, Horror, Modern, Science Fiction / Futuristic, Space Opera
- Favorite RPGs:
- WoD, Unhallowed Metropolis, Unknown Armies, D&D, Indie
- Gaming Worlds:
- Eberron, Burning Empires, Vampire, Mage, Changeling, Promethean
- Preferred Playing Style:
- 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
- Ideal Group Size:
- Medium Groups (Between 4 and 6 players)
- Online RPGs?:
- What are you looking for?:
- As a GM: I'm looking for story / character oriented players willing to engage in games which involve moral ambiguity, social dynamics, mysteries & horror. However, I don't want to portray myself as being too pretentious & theatrical: my preferred style is a gritty kind of cinematic, where the subtleties of the world are explored - not shoved down your throat. I very much enjoy players participating in the shaping of the story & occasionally experiment with tools (such as story decks, bidding, etc) which enhance that. I'd very much like to find a group interested in playing Mage, Vampire, Changeling or Promethean.
As a player, I try to keep my character's motivations in the forefront - while being sure to shape them along with the needs of the group (it's no fun being the party wrecker). I enjoy table chatter as much as the next guy, but, in general, my gaming time is limited and I like to be able to walk away from a night feeling like /something/ happened. I'd love to play in any of the games previously mentioned, but would also very much like to explore more indie rpgs.
In either case, while episodic play / one shots are great (especially for indie games I'm not sure I'll click with) - I'd love to get involved in a real campaign with a solid group.
- I've been playing RPGs for longer than I care to admit, however for many years I moved away from table top games and primarily played a vampire larp (which I ended up running for quite a while).
My background is in theater arts & political science... two fields united by the knowledge that stories change people's lives and shape our world.
As for gamer disclaimers: I'm well socialized and know how to bathe / etc. I'm male and in my early thirties, for those such things matter to.
Looking forward to playing with you!
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 02-18-2010 10:49 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1