Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
  • Ceo_Druidechta

by Published on 05-03-2013 05:00 PM
    Article Preview

GURPS is a “universal” roleplaying system, which can be used for almost any setting or genre. It is a “toolbox” game from which the GM selects options to get the feel he/she wants. If you are thinking of trying it, I recommend you read this short explanation of what makes GURPS different from other RPGs. If you like the sound of this, GURPS may be right for you.

The down side to GURPS is that it offers so many options it can be overwhelming for a new player or game master. I like to say it isn’t just one game – it’s like an RPG Lego kit, from which a GM can build many different games!

But it doesn’t have to be complicated. The key to running a smooth GURPS campaign is to limit your options, using only the rules you need. What follows is a guide to running a very simple introductory campaign, to let an inexperienced GM ease into the system. After that, I will give you some tips on moving forward with GURPS, and learning to do more with it. You certainly don't need to get started this way; people often bite off more with their first campaign, and have good results. But if you are unsure of yourself, this plan will get you going with a minimum of headaches.