Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Meinos Kaen
    Meinos Kaen
    Ah, that? No, for that, you have to use the BB code of these forums. As in, write the sentences you want to be bolded/italiched/underlined in between these (minus the spaces).

[ I ] [ / I ] In between this, you have italics
    [ B ] [ / B ] In between this, you have bold
    [ U ] [ / U ] In between this, you have underlines

I'm a fanfiction writer and I use forums a lots, so I took a habit of writing in this format already even if I write first in a doc archive.
  2. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Hm.

I know about the tags, and I tried your method of typing them in the text editor instead of selecting the text and using the 'italics' button in the reply window. Of course the italics appear the way they ought to in the post (that was never a problem), but when I copy the post and paste it back into a text editor, all of my italics are gone, and so are everyone else's... only yours appear as intended.

Is anyone else having this problem? Please try it and see. If we can solve this now, all the better - because when I go to make a pdf of Volume III, I'm going to have to manually check all 500 posts to make sure I've got everyone's italics correct. So please, help me find an answer to this quickly!

(addendum: anything I type in bold carries over just fine, but not the italics...)
  3. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    That is most puzzling. . . However when I paste segments from posts in my text editor, it carries over the italics no problem for any post. Maybe it's the text editor you're using?
  4. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    I've tried both TextEdit and Pages, both for Mac... maybe it's a Mac thing?
  5. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    Perhaps, but that still doesn't explain why Kaen's pages are different than the rest of ours.
  6. Meinos Kaen
    Meinos Kaen
    Me, I use open office. Maybe it's because of that?
  7. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    Where are the myth busters when you really need them?
  8. CorrTerek
    Exciting posts by everybody lately -- I hope to have something up by late tomorrow myself.
  9. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Looking forward to it! I always get excited when characters start going in different directions.

Also, I've added our Opening Crawl video to the first post of the Volume III thread, for new visitors to check out (don't know why I didn't put it there in the first place, actually). It's much larger and higher-quality now, so even you old-timers might enjoy seeing it again!
  10. CorrTerek
    I guess this would be a good time to announce that I'll be leaving Tapestry soon, after the end of the current "arc". I've been working on something I hope to eventually see published, and it's become obvious to me that I can't work on it and Tapestry at the same time.

I've really enjoyed working with all of you guys -- Tapestry kept me writing during a period where I'd pretty much stopped any kind of writing at all, and all of you have shown me things I can work on and improve in my writing.

As for what this means right now -- well, I want to conclude Damon's story. To those of you newcomers -- if what's happening with Damon looks interesting to you, don't be shy! I'd love to have you guys along for the ride. Same goes for you old-timers.

I'm just hoping everyone enjoys what's coming. The past couple of years have been a blast!
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast