Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion

1. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    Oh IJ, it's not even christmas and you got us a present. You're back, Fi's back, and she's not morbidly depressed! She's all full of life, breaking glasses, eating fruit, ignoring he new beau. . .
  2. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Yeah, I needed a lot of time for Fi to dig herself out of that hole. That was a completely spur-of-the-moment post, so I don't know exactly where she's at right now... I just started writing, with absolutely nothing in particular in mind. So, I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens, too. :P

And in other news, we're four years old today. Happy Birthday, Tapestry!
  3. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Hey, are you guys able to view our Recruiting thread? There's a guy I've PMed with asking questions in there, and I can't load it... my browser just gives up on that one page, leaving me with a white screen.

One of you guys wanna go in there and help the guy out?
  4. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Or should I just post the questions here?

I've been reading through the rules, guidelines, etc and still am not sure about a couple points:

Where in the timeline is the current story? From what I can gather it's some years ABY, but I cannot be certain.

Also, what sources can material be pulled from? ie. canon, AU or even the SWG MMO?
  5. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Yep, here is fine, too - though I'd still love to know why I can't load that page...

The general consensus seems to be that we're 'about' 6 months - 1 year ABY. As for material, you're definitely free to grab from any sources at all. Of course, creating your own (and working with the creations of others) will allow you the most freedom. Trying to weave your character too tightly into a plotline that already exists in one of the movies, books, comics, or games might be pretty restricting, and could dissuade other players from joining into your plotline. But the 'marching orders' in Tapestry are basically Freedom and Fairness - one must just avoid having too much of one at the expense of the other!
  6. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Thanks for the info, IJ. I just needed a timeframe to gather some important information. I'm wanting to bring in a smuggler and current galactic law is important with respect to that. And I won't be using any plotlines from movies, books, etc.. that's no fun. I'll be starting my own story and see how it goes from there; hardest part being 'starting', of course. At most I'll be visiting and observing; I'm not too comfortable with interrupting other peoples stories just yet.

Now, after reading some of the recent stories posted I know one person is at Junction City and I'm guessing Fi is in Cloud City. As for the rest I'm not sure.
  7. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Ah, sounds good. My advice is, don't burn yourself out on the first post. Some folks tend to write a huge opening post, and then presumably think, 'wow, that was a lot of work!'. What could have been 3-5 easy posts became one really hard post. A simple introduction of who you are and where you are will do the trick, and will leave you with lots of material to bring in in the following days. Looking forward to reading your stuff!
  8. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    A'right, finally got the ball rolling. Please let me know if I stepped out of line on my first try. And I always welcome feedback and polite critique.
  9. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Hey, great first post, Gibson! Very exciting and visual. I noticed it slips into the present tense a time or two, but I know it can take a little bit to get used to writing in the past tense, since most online play-by-posts aren't. Really good, though... looking forward to learning more about Tach and his crew!
  10. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Thanks for the positive words, IJ. Means a lot to me. It took a couple days to get it started, but now that the ball is rolling I'm finding it easier to think up ways to continue the story.

I've had some time to go through previous posts of the Tapestry story. I am a little surprised that, as of this posting, nobody has joined in as a smuggler.