Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Spider-Man vol. 1 Drowned in Thunder
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Spider-Man vol. 1 Drowned in Thunder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. clintsylvania
    clintsylvania
    Doom Pool: 2d6

A crack and thoom of thunder echoed in the sky. The rain drenched the air. It was a bright and stormy night. It never really gets dark in Midtown Manhattan except in acts of nature or super villainy does it experience black outs. But from the roof tops does it display the life and energy of the city as millions of multi-colored lights from windows, cars, signs and signals show defiance against the dark. It told the universe that nothing as mundane as the rotation of the earth when they should go to sleep. This served Peter Parker well, because as he jumped off the roof top for his nightly patrol, dressed head to toe in blue and red spandex; swinging on a thin line of webbing that adheres to the building across the street down 8th avenue. This was just another night for the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and the lights helped him see where he was going. Not to mention helping him notice any crimes being committed. On an average day, Spidey had to be mindful of the cross winds and tunnel effects caused by the canyonous streets. While web-slinging was better than any roller-coaster on earth, the chemical polymer that made the webs could be tough, they were gossamer in the strong winds. This would be suicide for anyone who didn't have the amazing spider-sense, which allowed Peter Parker to adjust his aim and not release his line before the next line was anchored.

As Spider-Man landed on a architecture with jagged ziggurats and gargoyles with a little slip. Normally his wall-crawling allowed him to adhere to any surface but with the strong winds and increasing strength of rain made things trickier. Spidey looked out over the city...

2. Prankstir
    Prankstir
    "Insey winsey spider climbed up the water spout....
    Damn, I should get aunt May to scotchgard my underoos. This weather makes me wish if been bitten by a radioactive duck!"

Spiderman looked up Madison Ave. Apart from the inclement weather everything seemed to be aok. Maybe it was too wet to commit crimes? He felt bad being disappointed at the lack of action. He should be overjoyed, but he had a lot on his mind and frankly a little bit of super heroics lightly sprinkled with a helping of spidersarcasm was just what he needed to take the edge of Peter Parker's mundane problems. Like metaphorically punching life's issues in the teeth.

"Ok fella" he patted the head of the gargoyle beneath him "you look after St Pats. Once more around the block and I'm off home"

THOOMB! The sky lit up with orange light and that annoying tingling sensation at the base of his jaw started up, setting him on edge. "Uh oh. Why'd I have to go and jinx it?" With his spider sense going of like that he doubted that was just lightning. He should be so lucky. "Put in a good word for me with the big guy" nodding at gargoyle once more, he sprung off St Patrick's, and in a graceful web assisted arc swung down busy Madison avenue.

3. Prankstir
    Prankstir
    /OOC Apologises for the poetic licence on the spider sense. I figured something was probably up somewhere and it probably goes off if there is a bug in distress anyway. :-)
  4. clintsylvania
    clintsylvania
    Spidey makes his way south from Midtown to Madison ave. when that all too familiar buzz in his head goes off. His spidey-senses directs him to a direction when
    "Krak,krak" ... the sounds of a pistol being fired.
  5. Prankstir
    Prankstir
    Instinctively his hand flicks a web line at a lamp post a few yards off, shortening his long arcing swing into a hyper accelerated 90°turn like an ice skater pulling their arms in during a pirouette, and launching himself like a canon ball at the sounds of the gunshot.

"You kids better not be popping bubble wrap without me!"
  6. clintsylvania
    clintsylvania
    As you quickly swoop into the scene, you see a guard in uniform grasping his shoulder with pistol aimed haphazardly. Over the pounding water and wind, you can hear the old man yelling at them to stop. 4 assailants cut threw a scattering crowded side walk. The guard gets ready to squeeze the trigger...
  7. Prankstir
    Prankstir
    "Oh crud!" Thinks the spide-ster "a stay bullet from that wounded cop could hit a kid! Stupid @#*! responsibility"

-Twipp- with unerring accuracy Peter sprayed a blob of webbing between the hammer and pin of the policeman's gun jamming it's firing mechanism .... while hurling past in the direction of the escaping men ... upside-down ... Attached to a web-line .... backwards.
    "Get this man a doctor. Preferably one not named Doom ... or Octopus ... or Bendover"

OOC: want me to roll for this or just charge a PP.
    BTW should I just use the basic character sheet for Spiderman?
  8. clintsylvania
    clintsylvania
    (yeah, just use the regular datafile. As for guard, we can skip the roll for right now. Let us say you succeed : )

"Hey! what the... You big spider goon! I'm tryna stop those guys. They stole thousands of dollars worth of diamonds!"

Scene Distinctions
    d8 Heavy Weather
    d8 Brainless citizens who can't seem to stay out of the way

The group of thugs cut through the crowd towards an awaiting black van with what appears to be another masked individual and a driver...
    'Hurry, Jimmy! Web-head is on his way!'
  9. Prankstir
    Prankstir
    "Spider-Goon, Spider-Goon, Friendly neighborhood Spider-Goon!" he sings off key as he swings above the crowd "Yeah Jimmy the web-head is on his ... OH I think he means me!"
    I've got to time this just right, there are too many people in the line of fire
    - THWIP - THWIP - at the top of his arc he seems to hover in mid-air and shoots off lines of webbing with both hands at the fleeing thieves, sticking them helplessly to a lamppost and mail box

Here are my rolls from Unseen Servant. I've used the distinction of "Brainless citizens who can't seem to stay out of the way" at d4; I've used the SFX Grapple from Web Slinging to add a d6 and step up the complication and I'd like to spend a PP keep an extra effect die to use on the group.
    RESULT 12 (8+4) with d10 and d12 as effect die. I'd like to use them as a webbed up complication (hopefully taking some of them out).

Output: [1d8] = 4 solo; [1d4] = 4 brainless citizens; [1d10] = 3 super reflexes; [1d8] = 8 weapon; [1d6] = 3 SFX grapple; [1d10] = 6 acrobatic master

Let me know what you think

10. clintsylvania
    clintsylvania
    * clintsylvania rolls some dice *

The criminals try to avoid it
    Dice Result History - [Hide]