Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion, Vol. 2

1. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Woo, finally got a post up. That's the longest commercial break I've had in a while!
  2. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    At least since Fi got all depressing. . .
  3. Elvish_Jedi
    Elvish_Jedi
    I regret to announce that I will no longer be able to post on this game. Please tell Fingon, should he reappear, that he is free to finish my character's story. This game was a cool idea, and I enjoyed playing.

Thanks and farewell,

Elvish_Jedi
  4. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    Ah, well, If that's your decision than I think I can speak on behalf of everyone else and wish you good luck in your future endeavours. I'm sorry that for whatever reason, it did not work out. Also, auto correct is telling me it is Endeavors, but I am convinced that the U belongs there.

Also, Disney bought Star Wars and a new movie is scheduled for 2015, what?
  5. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Yeah, they're doing 7,8, and 9, and that's just the beginning... interesting times!

Take care, Elvish Jedi!
  6. Dawncaller
    I for one am excited, and am confused at the negative response the news has gotten.
  7. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    A mixture of fear of change, and some wariness since being disappointed by the prequels would be my guess at the negative responses. I personally am waiting to see something before I commit to a judgement. Trailer, poster art, cast list, anything.

I do however hope that the Original, unaltered trilogy is released again. Lucas Arts said repeatedly that the originals were destroyed in the making of the Special Edition, but I can't imagine that actually being true.
  8. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Yeah, that's Lucas lying again. The Library of Congress at least has a release print of Star Wars, that's for sure. Hopefully with Lucas setting the company down, he'll also soften up and respect film history.

And in other news... Holy moly, DC!
  9. Dawncaller
    Ice Hawk, I think you're right that it's the fear of change. I guess what I don't understand is why they feel like they need to voice such negativity. I mean, look at Star Trek for a comparison. Did people call it a "dark day for fans" when sub-par series like Enterprise come out? Not that I was aware of; for the most part, they just stopped watching and Paramount got the hint. Thankfully, J.J. Abrams has been able to breathe life into the franchise again, but there was a time when it looked like Star Trek was once again relegated to the care of diehard fans.

We don't see that kind of response with Star Wars. Instead, we see people weeping, wailing, and gnashing their teeth, demanding Lucas' blood, and vowing that they will only grudgingly buy three copies of a given product instead of their intended five. Why can't those people who feel like Star Wars has been ruined just shrug, say, "Meh," and move on with life?
  10. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Good points. I'm a way bigger Alien fan than a Star Wars fan, and I've pretty much had to stop visiting Alien-related message boards (not that it was that hard) because of everyone crying about Prometheus... and Prometheus wasn't even really trying to be an Alien prequel/sequel!

I kind of blame the internet age... everyone feels the need to have an Opinion about everything, and everyone wants to be heard above the din... so, more exclamation points and colourful metaphors!

For the record, I mostly enjoy the prequels - they ain't Citizen Kane, but they do the job.