Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion, Vol. 2

1. Elkin Hardcoves
    Well, youíve got the core of the matter down. A screen-reader does indeed read whatís going on screen to a point. To some degree however, it bypasses the Graphical User Interface, whatever kind you have, and works more with the low and middle programs. As for Text differences, it only does capitalization and punctuation with text, with changes in pitch and volume. There is a key command that will tell you what type of font and text the curser is one. It usually doesnít tell you what color though. The other main feature of a screen-reader is that it also takes the mouse out of the picture. With a screen-reader, I donít ever use that or the monitor, thatís for other folks. Everything I do is with the keyboard alone. The biggest issue for me though is not surprising, the internet. Not all sites are screen-reader friendly, and some that I have access to are so Graphic user oriented that itís a pain to deal with. So far, this one seems pretty good, although Iím still getting the hang of it. I can bypass some of the link commands by simply typing in the code lines if I should want to and be good as far as that is concerned. Yeah, this probably a bit much, but hopefully itís still informative.
  2. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Hey Ice, thanks for sounding off - been wondering where you've been. Hopefully you can sort out that pack of dogs behind you without too much difficulty.

Gibson - is that thing beating the cravings effectively? I imagine everyone's big fear is that they'd buy one of those and keep smoking cigarettes.

Elkin, that screen reader sounds cool... I wonder what the game sounds like!
  3. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Well, IJ, I can honestly say yes and provide myself and the wife as examples. After we got ours we've barely touched regular cigarettes. And when we did they tasted nasty! Chocolate and mint are much preferred to burnt tobacco.

Now, we did try other e-cigs in the past and ended up going right back to smoking. I think it was because the e-cigs we tried were never able to satisfy the craving because they didn't produce enough vapor and were somewhat clumsy to use. Now that we have "The Liquinator" e-cigs we're quite happy. They provide alot of vapor and are quite satisfying.
  4. Elkin Hardcoves
    Quick question, what is the approximate year? are we post BBY?
  5. Dawncaller
    By my best reckoning, we're somewhere around 0.5 ABY. Maybe a little bit later than that.
  6. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Well, with our newest member, Elkin, using a screen reader, it's somehow come to be that my latest post has about 100 words intentionally spelled wrong. Sorry about that Elkin, and I'll happily clarify anything here!
  7. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    Actually, the more I think about it, the method your using Elkin intrigues me more and more. For instance how to you differentiate between homophones like collar and caller? I realize context would usually sort out those specific two, but you get my point.
  8. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Anybody in for tonight (chat night, that is)?
  9. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    I'm in.
  10. Dawncaller
    Gah! I missed it! That's like the third month in a row I missed! I got home last night and, rather than doing anything productive with my evening, passed out on the couch. Way to go, Dawncaller...