Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion, Vol. 2

1. Dawncaller
    Thanks for clearing that up, Elvish_Jedi. I never read The Silmarillion, so I never got the reference.

I can handle tokens, cards, and other such components and abstractions, so long as it facilitates a faster, looser, more cinematic feel in the end. I've never been satisfied with D20 systems in that regard.

Also, from what I've seen of the new RPG (which really isn't much) it looks like it's specifically for a fringe type of campaign, reminding me of the "Mines of Moria" standalone game that Decipher released for LotR, where you had the material necessary to play as the fellowship, but so far as I understand could play no other characters in their place. Is this a similar thing, or am I understanding the product wrong? If I'm not wrong, will it eventually expand into something a little more open ended?
  2. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    All I have to go on at the moment is the press release, so take anything I'm saying with a bucket of salt. But, strangely enough, it looks almost as if there'll be three core rulebooks: the first involving the fringe, then the Rebellion, then Force-users (in the Rebellion era). Yes, yes, I know... that sounds like a suicidally stupid move. But FFG don't strike me as stupid. So I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and see for myself just how exactly they plan to pull this off...
  3. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    I'm back - and man, do I hate camping! If I wanted to be unclean and sleep outside, I'd quit my job and be a hobo!

So... pretty quiet around here. How y'all been?
  4. Dawncaller
    Up to my eyeballs in preparation for the coming semester. It turns out I finished my Owara sequence at just the right time.
  5. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Been alright over here. Been working my arse off with my next post as I'm going to be revealing a number of things. Also, on a side note, the wife and I have switched from cigarettes to some brand new custom e-cigs! No more stinky tar laced/overpriced death sticks for us. She has chocolate flavored vapor while mine tastes like wintergreen candy. lol
  6. Elkin Hardcoves
    Congratulations, this is the second post ever on this site, and the first not associated with my introduction; read that to see why this is kind of a big deal for me. Anyhow, I would like to read some before I can provide you all my idea concretely, but at least here it is in part. I plan to write from the perspective of an Imperial officer. A loyalist to the ideas of the Galactic Empire, but a man that champions reform within the organization; in short, he’s a complicated fellow in uniform.

More specifically I was thinking of making him a storm Marines of the 501st Legion, the ones best known for storming the Tantive IV. Although their Headquarters are on Coruscant, I might have him start there. Anyhow, these are my initial thoughts, comments are welcome.
  7. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Welcome, Elkin!

And hey, that sounds like a cool character! This game is kind of tailor-made for characters on the 'other side of the fence', and I'm sure he'll fit right in. Take your time reading, get a feel for the flow, and jump in whenever you like! We'll be here to answer any questions you may have, and feel free to come around for chat night next Wednesday!
  8. Dawncaller
    I think you'll find lots of fertile ground for your character to grow here, Elkin. I've explored similar characters recently, Imperial officers who aren't really interested in power or domination, and one in particular that is beginning to feel a little disenfranchised because of it. There may be some opportunities for some player character connections there.
  9. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    I'm sorry I've been dead weight recently. I've been swamped with bills and debt collectors, getting my drivers' license and trying to get transferred into a new school.

Gibson
    how do the e-cigs compare price wise to regular cigarettes? I've always been curious.

And welcome Elkin, eager to see what you've got cooking. I am curious as to how a screen reader works, although my gut instinct tells me it would just be a program that reads the text on screen, does it have trouble with any of the text irregularities?
  10. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Like most ecig's it is a high initial investment with low maintenance in regards to liquid and parts. Mine was a starter that cost around 220 US, but that included 30ml of liquid, an extra atomizer and extra batteries with a charger. Liquid can last me about a week and it only costs around 15, compared to a carton of smokes that will usually last around 10 days and costs close to 70. It'll pay for itself in savings soon. Not to mention it tastes better and doesn't include the extra garbage like tar and misc chemicals, plus it smells nicer. My breath smells minty almost all the time now.