Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion, Vol. 2

1. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Maybe you can get in a short blurb? I planned to have Tach give Fiola a call to inquire about Elayne. She did give the smuggler her comm frequency, after all.
  2. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Oh, interesting!

I wouldn't bet on a post from me (I seem to need solitude to come up with those, and I won't be getting much of that), but you can bet my brain will be a-stormin'!

Hmm... now I gotta do some research (Fi and Elayne didn't have a lot to do with each other...).
  3. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    I'll contact you before I include the call in a post. And, granted they didn't travel alot together but I do think Fi heard plenty about Elayne from others, right?
  4. Elvish_Jedi
    Elvish_Jedi
    So, quick question. Does anyone know where Fingon has got to? Hopefully he's just taking a break for a bit... but then again, Gothmog might have got him.
  5. Dawncaller
    Gothmog?
  6. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Interesting thing I'm observing, since I no longer get email updates about new posts here and have to come and look manually:

Those 'acqua alta finale discussion' guys are very keen on discussing their finale!

Anyway, that's about all from me for the next week, apart from the odd blip in GD, probably.
  7. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Early mawnin' update: I'll be beta testing the new FFG version of the rpg. Will report back!
  8. Dawncaller
    I'm not familiar with FFG's history. Do you think they'll do the franchise proud? Like, D6 proud?
  9. Elvish_Jedi
    Elvish_Jedi
    @Dawncaller

Gothmog is the evil character from the Simarillion that killed Fingon.
  10. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Well, there's a mystery solved: I never knew where the name 'fingon' came from!

I'm not familiar with FFG's history. Do you think they'll do the franchise proud? Like, D6 proud?
    Their board games are top-notch, the X-Wing miniatures game is looking like the bee's knees, and their rpgs, from what I've seen, are... different. FFG are all about pretty components - I know there's already custom dice involved, and there's likely to be tokens and cards, too. The game will definitely be pretty, that's for sure.

My beta book will be in the mail shortly, but I know that the personal/vehicle combat system will be abstract - so, no chess-like metagaming with minis on a table. And much as I love minis, this makes me happy. It looks like FFG are taking a D6-style cinematic approach, which is already a vote in its favour, as far as I'm concerned.