Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion, Vol. 2

1. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    Dawn, are Wednesday's in general just bad for you?
  2. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Barring unforeseen circumstances or really bad weather I should be there.
  3. Dawncaller
    No, not typically. It's just that, now that summer is drawing to a close, lots of my wife's family wants to get in some camping trips. It's just bad timing for things that I'd rather be doing, y'know?
  4. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    I just had a revelation. I've been manually typing in the [i] tags for ship names for years. I literally could have just typed out the ship name, and then used the replace all function to add in the italics. I'm a moron.
  5. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Ha! Hilarious.

What's driving me nuts right now is how in these reply windows here, if you CTRL+V paste any text into what you're writing (like when breaking up an incoming message into multiple quotes) it keeps dropping you to the bottom of the window. MENTAL!!!

Anyway, see some of you cats tonight!
  6. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    What's been driving me nuts when pasting text is I've been getting extra carriage returns. Using notepad without word wrap seems to fix it. Any other quirks ya'll have noticed?
  7. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Agh, I hate that too! I write my posts as a draft in gmail 'cause it saves automatically every couple minutes (though these forums seem to do that too, now), but yeah, I hate having to delete all those extra returns!
  8. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    I dislike having to go back and manually re-spacing every post I put up. I type mine up in word and it only effects the paragraph design, but it's a pain to have to manually reset every paragraph.
  9. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Well, if it helps here's what I do:

1. Write my piece in my favorite text editor.

2. Copy all

3. Paste into Windows Notepad without the Word Wrap option enabled.

4. Copy all

5. Hit the Go Advanced button

6. Hit the Paste as Plain Text and paste your stuff in there.

Try it out and lemme know if this works for you.
  10. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    It was a good idea Gibson, but the text box still compresses my lines for some reason. Oh well, I managed before, I'll just have to find the strength to keep soldering on. . .