Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

General Discussion, Vol. 2

1. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    So this was linked to me by a friend, and I loved it. Then again, I grew up watching cartoons in the 90's which probably wasn't for any of you. This is the star was radio play being read aloud by most of my childhood voice acting hero's, such as Kevin Conroy (who played batman in the animated series). It's about an hour and a half long, but if you're interested, here is the link. http://www.themarysue.com/every-voic...or-in-geekdom/
    Also, did the site get a makeover?
  2. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Hm, I was never notified your last reply was here.

Kevin Conroy doing SW? I'll be listening to that!

And yes, there seems to be a bit of a makeover around here...
  3. Dawncaller
    Happy birthday, I.J.!
  4. Fingon
    Fingon
    Indeed. Happy Birthday!
  5. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    I'm late at this point, but happy birthday none the less. . .
  6. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    Hey, thank you guys!

And wow, I'm totally not being notified when new posts are coming in. Gotta look into that...
  7. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Okay, all. Quick update. Survived our move to Dallas(Pilot Point area). I can't guarantee I'll be able to make the chat, but I will do my best. I'm having to deal with a bit of culture shock after moving out into the country.

The air smells funny(wife says it's because there is no pollution). At night time it gets really really really dark. I can see for far too many miles in all directions. And we currently have a heavy storm overhead; the clouds act really weird out here. They churn like the stuff in a lava lamp! I've honestly never seen anything like it before.
  8. I. J. Thompson
    I. J. Thompson
    I'm in the room with Gibson, but can't seem to type in the window. Will leave and come back...
  9. Gibson8088
    Gibson8088
    Phew, okay! I've finally finished reading the story from Elayn's introduction to the group up to her departure. I've got some idea's swimming around but considering what I want to do I feel it is only appropriate to ask permission.

First item I'm pretty sure is okay. To bring back Elayn and incorporate her in my storyline.

The second thing is the main reason for asking. In the storyline I have in mind I will need to have Proto killed off and acquire his Seresatz Crystal and ship, the Archaeologist.
  10. Ice Hawk
    Ice Hawk
    . . .I . . . What? I honestly have no idea how you got from incorporating a cast off NPC into your story to murdering a PC and stealing his stuff. Seriously, were there like charts, and graphs and maths involved?

And here is the crux of your problem, Proto was a PC. He was run by the Dread Pirate Roberts, who has gone inactive. All PC's are protected, only DPR could kill him. While technically none of Proto's possessions are protected, he's been gone for so long, I'm not sure how I feel about bringing him back just to rob him.