Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Character Creation

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Dragonfly
    Let's find out!

* Random Roll to Test Reroll Dice in Post Button *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    02-10-2012 03:16 PM
    Random Roll to Test Reroll Dice in Post Button: 3d6 (6,6,4 = 16)
  2. Dragonfly
    I honestly don't know. I hit the button, but I don't see anything different in terms of the way the roll displays.

I'll ask the system admin.

As for deciding what game to do: Jase - I'm still waiting for everybody to vote. Actually, I need your second and third choices (Golden Age Supers or Fantasy).

I also need Emilio to vote.

I'm going to hold my decision until Saturday night. At that point, the voting is done and I'll make a decision about what to GM.

Sci Fi Supers, huh? Not what I had in mind, exactly. I was thinking of a WWII Supers campaign. Still - I'll take it into consideration...

Best,

Aldo
  3. Dragonfly
    Oh, and Jen. Remember - depending on what game we play, you don't necessarily need to keep the rolls in the order your rolled them. You can assign them to the various stats, like we usually do. :-)

Also, Jen - any preferences on what protocol to use for posting in game? Check out the various recommendations made by Jase and me, play around with it, and then let us know...

Best,

Aldo
  4. Dragonfly
    Oh, and Jen. Remember - depending on what game we play, you don't necessarily need to keep the rolls in the order your rolled them. You can assign them to the various stats, like we usually do. :-)

Also, Jen - any preferences on what protocol to use for posting in game? Check out the various recommendations made by Jase and me, play around with it, and then let us know...

Best,

Aldo
  5. Beolvine
    Beolvine
    The check box for 're-roll' dice is in case you add a die roll while editing a post. It keeps all dice rolled to track against cheating. Sometimes the outcome of a die roll prompts another roll, so you have to see the result before posting the second roll. Also, sometimes people use the wrong skill or bonus and they have to reroll. Rather than cluttering up the thread with a new post that is just a "my bad, here is the right die roll" you just edit the original post. When doing so, remember to click the "go advanced" buttong for advanced editing, the basic editor doesn't have the dir roll tag. (The basic editor looks like the quick reply at the bottom, the advanced is the one you get when you hit the reply buttong up there.)

I think that I will indeed vote Supers #2 and Fantasy #3. I like the idea of WWII supers, I finally saw Captain America recently and can dig that style.
  6. Danno
    * Danno rolls some dice *

hmmmmm
    02-11-2012 07:08 AM
    Danno rolls some dice: 1d20 (5)+ 5 (5) = 10
  7. Danno

Why can't I see the result before it's posted?
    02-11-2012 07:09 AM
    Danno rolls some dice: 1d20 (13)+ 6 (6) = 19
  8. Danno

Can't comment on my roll if I can't see it first!
    02-11-2012 07:11 AM
    Danno rolls some dice: 1d6 (5)+ 2 (2) = 7
  9. Beolvine
    Beolvine
    You can't see it before it's posted because the system hasn't generated it yet. It generates the numbers when you post. That's why you can edit a previous post. So you can make an attack roll, post it, then go back and edit in a description depending on whether you hit or miss, for example.

Another way to do attacks/combat is to post intent and description up to the point when the attack goes off, then add 'contingency rolls' for damage, hit location, critical confirm, etc. after the attack roll. The GM can then do a combat round summary post that tells everyone if they hit or miss, and applies the damage.

Combat is what takes the longest in this type of gaming.
  10. Dragonfly
    Hey folks,

I'm testing this out to see if it works (rolling six 3d6 rolls as if generating a character for SWN or D&D).

* Dragonfly rolls some dice *

02-12-2012 10:52 AM
    Dragonfly rolls some dice: 3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6 (0)
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast