Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Ne_prophet

pathfinder in different setting..

Rate this Entry
Hello all,

I am one of the old UNL D&D players that is now DM'ing. We are using a modified, current Pathfinder based RPG. It combined some of the old world classes (paladins for each alignment), races (Kizinti, Giff...), and worlds (spelljammer, author conversions). All in all it makes for a compelling story that is more based towards role playing then "Kill em all n let the gods sort em out". There are some things I disagree on in pathfinder Edition that I have went with the old 3.5E (skills are the old style and not the flat number style in Pathfinder Edition).

We mix up the alignments a lot to add the feeling of how things really are in the world. Why should the paladin not be in a group with an evil character? Why not be in it to reform him? If he were to just leave or be unable to associate with him then Evil wins. Evil paladins have no restrictions of whom they travel with, just that they are forbidden to commit acts of good. In essence we have a much more realistic view on how restrictions like these work in the system.

So try us out or glean me for input into other things that make RPG's more interesting. I have a lot of resources for many different RPG's...

Submit "pathfinder in different setting.." to Digg Submit "pathfinder in different setting.." to del.icio.us Submit "pathfinder in different setting.." to StumbleUpon Submit "pathfinder in different setting.." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've also felt that alignment restrictions are viewed too literally in most games. But if an evil party has one good character, how do you feel about player vs. player confrontations?
    They work themselves out.... But honestly... my LE character isn't going to go looking for an open fight. He will sneak around..do things behind another back. If it comes to it he will hire out to take out the other person so it can't be traced back to him.

More I see it the "good" characters are the first ones to scream "Kill the Orcs".... and rush into battle. What "good" person would believe in wholesale slaughter of an entire village...