Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Independant Gamer Perspective

Wild Wild WEst

Rate this Entry
Sweet. I'm half way through Season 1 of Wild Wild West and its totally inspiring. I've begun creation of a setting where i'm going to run a few sessions in this style and setting. I've laid out the possible character group (they kinda all have to be the same) starting points including secret service, foreign governments, secret society, and rebels.

I've been dreaming about this for months, i think this is going to be such fun that i may pull my normal fantasy gamers into a long running western camapign.

Of course i'm going to throw in Jonah Hex and as much Tim Truman based material as i can!

Submit "Wild Wild WEst" to Digg Submit "Wild Wild WEst" to del.icio.us Submit "Wild Wild WEst" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wild Wild WEst" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've been planning a western campaign for the last 8 months or so and have gotten my players really interested in it. Course, I told them that they have to wait for the current campaign to end, which could be whenever they want as it's a player driven campaign.

Got a few things more to do to finish before I can run but I know it'll be a wild campaign. Got the idea from a Dragon's Landing podcast and then started adding bits from Deadlands. Granted, it might not be for everyone, but I'm going to have quite a few characters from the Wild Wild West show as well as other westerns.

Got a flash intro to the campaign, you can view it here.

Good luck with your campaign.
    Man, I sure wish I could join you on this. I am currently nearing the end of the second season myself. Are you planning on having West and Gordon be a part of this campaign or possibly have Dr. Loveless make an appearance or two?

Be sure to go on to season two also. As I noted in another thread, there are a couple of duds in the bunch. But overall, season two has some great stuff, including one of my favorite episodes which I remember watching as a kid. One of the more interesting things about it is that it guess stars Ricardo Montalban (sp) who also happens to be the guess star in one of Star Trek's most popular episodes.

Be sure to keep us informed on this.
    One thing that I especially liked about the Wild Wild West show was the way they titled each episode, all of them used the word "Night" in them, which is something I'm going to do with my western campaign.

Don't think I want to use the word "Night" in my games, probably will use something like "Showdown" or "Gunfight", etc.
    I've finally got a few adventures and have talked to the players to give it a try. Everyone's only interested if there's some sort of weird west theme to it... which is easy enough being a fan of Jonah Hex. Government agents, gunfighters, and agents of secret societies... its gonna be fun as all Hex!