Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Independant Gamer Perspective

Stormbringer?

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Ahhh yes, what a lovely system of death. Loose, fast, light on rules, heavy on world and literary references... and a what a time we had!!!

We built out our own world, find it here:
http://www.incarna.net/iweb/host/kelly/YoungKingdoms/

And now, just for fun, our old GM is thinking of running a few adventures again. Me, as a player, have the record for the most number of characters that "retired". this means 6+ adventures and lived and were taken out of play. I have plenty maimed and disfigured ones that retired by force, but i actually have 3 primary characters still alive. Another player, David Caine, holds the record for the character with the most adventures (something like 50 - but he's dead)... my "eldest" is Misha - about 30 adventures. Quite the triumph when you understand how deadly Stormbringer was... i cannot even count the dead characters, way too many.

any way, i hope we can one or 2 sessions going... it would be a blast.

Submit "Stormbringer?" to Digg Submit "Stormbringer?" to del.icio.us Submit "Stormbringer?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stormbringer?" to Google

Tags: stormbringer Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Campaign

Comments

Whoohoo... finally got to play a couple weeks ago. GM had done up all the character for us and had a blast. Introduced a couple of new players to the world and mechanics.
    I loved the books. Haven't seen the game before. Wikipedia says there are 4 editions and then the 5, Elric of Melnibone is actually a different game. I'll keep looking at your blog....