Campaign Notes: The Gates of Eden
by, 08-16-2009 at 09:55 PM (1805 Views)
Campaign: The Gates of Eden
Setting: Alt-Historic, Civil-War Era, Wild West
- For 3-5 players
- 3-4 sessions for Part 1, and open-ended thereafter for Part 2, 3-4 hrs./session
- 30-35 minutes to generate characters
Themes: Hex-Slinging Adventure; Santaria; Legend, Myth, Bible and Ghosts
Literary Influences: Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes; Jonathan Edwards’ Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God; Greil Marcus' The Invisible Republic; Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn
- 3 pp. photocopies, including maps and misc. handouts -- supplied by GM
- PDF of DL:R Player’s Guide -- b&w hard copy supplied by GM
- Savage Worlds Explorer’s Edition (recommended, but not required) – supplied by player
- 1 set of standard polyhedral dice (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20) – supplied by player
- 2 decks of standard playing cards -- supplied by GM
- 1 tri-color set of poker chips – supplied by GM
For this adventure, players will have the option of either creating their own characters, which is always encouraged, or using pre-generated characters supplied by the GM. As planned, we will begin with a home-brew mini-adventure that will allow the PCs to come together as a party of like-minded souls and thus encourage the players to establish their characters’ identities and long-term goals.
The second part will take up Pinnacle’s published "plot point" setting, The Flood, in which the party, having come into contact with an intriguing map, may be motivated to leave their hometown of Rain Tree, Illinois, and travel westward to the Independent Commonwealth of California to explore its shattered coastline.
Part 1: God Said No, Abe Said What
[sample to be written]
Part 2: The Flood
[sample to be written]...