Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

outrider

getting somebody to play your BBEG(big,bad evil guy)

Rate this Entry
I have been fortunate in the past to have somebody play an big boss type. He couldn't play in my game but wanted to make a contribution. I let him play the head of the thieves guild, I gave him information as to what I had and he ran with it.

He thought of things that I hadn't and it made a difference in the style and tenor of the campaign. I realized that he had taken some of the control of the campaign and I found it refreshing that I also had to react as the law enforcement of the city would and this affected some of the players decisions as to what they were doing. This went on for about six months until real life intruded and he left the area. He had helped enrich my campaign immensely.

I would recommend this to those dms who have friends who would relish this. On the site you meet in a tavern, there is a section for those who wish to play the evil overlords in somebodies game.

Submit "getting somebody to play your BBEG(big,bad evil guy)" to Digg Submit "getting somebody to play your BBEG(big,bad evil guy)" to del.icio.us Submit "getting somebody to play your BBEG(big,bad evil guy)" to StumbleUpon Submit "getting somebody to play your BBEG(big,bad evil guy)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have done this for Battletech and it works out very well but have not been able to do it for D&D.