Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

mohini

Beginings

Rate this Entry
Okay, so I've been a member here for all of a day now, and I wondering how one levels here. I am identified as a lurker, and I would like not to be. I'm guessing that it has to do with your activity on the forums, but I'm rather shy, so I will hope that blog posts are included in this score system and write where people will only see me if they come looking.

So, the search for games. There is currently one game looking for players in West Seattle, but it looks as if the gm hasn't checked this site this month. I tried checking out the website for his homebrew system, and it was kind of a mess. It required openID, and I got a lot of error messages trying to navigate the site. Oh well.

I was invited to game with some folks in Kent, but the game didn't seem my cup of tea. Also, Kent.

I am thinking I may try to find local players interested in Deliria, my favourite system, but I am inexperiaenced in the ways of running games. I would like to think I am clever enough to just wing it, but wouldn't everyone?

There is also the comic book store Arcane Comics to check out, but I am a Lazy Lucy, and do not relish the nearly 4 mile round trip walk.

Submit "Beginings" to Digg Submit "Beginings" to del.icio.us Submit "Beginings" to StumbleUpon Submit "Beginings" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

"Okay, so I've been a member here for all of a day now, and I wondering how one levels here. I am identified as a lurker, and I would like not to be. I'm guessing that it has to do with your activity on the forums, but I'm rather shy, so I will hope that blog posts are included in this score system and write where people will only see me if they come looking."

Go in to forums section and post comments or start a forum page yourself. Be on more than today and post comments and you will no longer be just a "lurker".

"I was invited to game with some folks in Kent, but the game didn't seem my cup of tea. Also, Kent."

Sorry - where/who/what is Kent?

"There is also the comic book store Arcane Comics to check out, but I am a Lazy Lucy, and do not relish the nearly 4 mile round trip walk."

Get a bike.
    Mohini,

Lurkers are members who have a) never posted in the forums, or b) have been a member here less than one month. Its not so much a status thing, but it does effect some of your permissions. For instance, a lurker can only send up to 10 PMs or emails per day. This is in effort to prevent spam PMs and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster
    Mohini,

Lurkers are members who have a) never posted in the forums, or b) have been a member here less than one month. Its not so much a status thing, but it does effect some of your permissions. For instance, a lurker can only send up to 10 PMs or emails per day. This is in effort to prevent spam PMs and so forth.
    Oh, does that mean the 10 message thing will go away? Because shortly after joining I was sending out messages to a bunch of local folks and it stopped me after 10 and I thought that was a ridiculously low number. I know we gamers aren't known for being the most social types, but really, 10?