Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Xionicist

Back again...

Rate this Entry
Yeah, so I've spent the spring being fairly quiet online. After an amazing TempleCon 2009 (twice as many people as TempleCon 2008!), I didn't get my usual month-long break, but plunged right into an amazingly hectic dance performance schedule (11 shows over the course of 10 weeks, with 8 different costumes and sets of choreography - crazy!), with people already banging on the door wanting to know about TempleCon 2010.

In response to feedback from TempleCon members and due to an obvious need for more space, we wound up switching venues this year, so when I wasn't on stage or in rehearsal I was scouting for a new TempleCon location, and then was embroiled in contract negotiations. We wound up taking a big step up in space with the amazing Crowne Plaza Hotel in Warwick, Rhode Island - twice the space of TempleCon 2009! But not only is the space bigger and better (no more stairs!), the rooms are also far more affordable ($105 per night), and the hotel has free parking, so I'd say all that work this spring paid off. I'm thrilled that we were able to find such a great solution to our members concerns so close by!

Then we plunged into the business of re-building and updating our website, to match our new (and old!) Retro-Futurist theme and make our registrations process more user-friendly, as well as our forums. All while working on getting actual events together for TempleCon 2010, an ongoing process which continues today. To see the updated website and get a taste of what's in store for TempleCon 2010, check out our website here: www.templecon.org But TempleCon isn't the only thing we've got cooking...

You see, while all of this TempleCon preparation stuff was going on we've also been in the process of purchasing, re-zoning, and renovating a building in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, where we will be opening a Retro-Futurist gaming lounge, focused on the art of gaming, with amazing hand-crafted gaming accessories and game-related art as well as the games you know and love, in a luxurious atmosphere that caters to gaming creature comforts. Custom-built gaming tables, cushy chairs and sofa, fine-tuned lighting, club-quality sound, bountiful snacks, drinks, and even meals - this is the gaming paradise that we've always wanted, and we've been busting butt building it so that we can open it for autumn. I'll be sure to post the announcement of our Grand Opening event here!

And like TempleCon, this lounge depends on your feedback, so if you'd like to weigh in on the kind of gaming environment you'd most like to see, please do so here: The Temple

We'd love to hear from you!

Submit "Back again..." to Digg Submit "Back again..." to del.icio.us Submit "Back again..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Back again..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Will you be posting some pictures of the gaming lounge? I am totally jealous by the way!
    The game lounge sounds awesome. I may have to make a trip to RI from CT to check it out.