Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

outrider

my house rules

Rate this Entry
I think that every dm or ref does something different than the rules state. Here are some of mine. my game is 3.5 D&D

Combat: I have inititiave rolled every round. I personally like the chaos that ensues with people sweating whether or not they will be in a bad pickel. Some claim it takes longer, we have been doing it for so long its second nature.

For this current campaign, I used the actually con score + con modifier for starting hit points. It allowed me to be tougher on the players and gave them a little more lee way.

Non class skills now cost one point but are still limited. I believe it allows the players a little more flexibility in choosing some skills that they may want to try.

I have done feats every other level instead of every third. There are so many feats out there that it is difficult to pick and chose.

I took a rule from 4th and am allowing two stat increases every 4 levels. The players are the stars and should be treated as such.

Also with the background information given to me by the player, I give them a free feat, usually a skills style feat. I also try to make them from sources they may not have.

Comments?

Submit "my house rules" to Digg Submit "my house rules" to del.icio.us Submit "my house rules" to StumbleUpon Submit "my house rules" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You know, I used to like static initiative, when I first started playing. The I liked rerolling every round. But once I discovered fluid initiative, where your actions determine your bonus or penalty to initiative for next round, everything else pales in comparison.